Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avast vulnerablity

Options
  • 28-09-2009 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Hi

i use avast home and secunia software inspector-just ran program check and it says avast needs a update http://secunia.com/advisories/36858/ - but when i try to click on the link a pop up appears saying that 'due to the security on this computer you cannot install this update'

Should i uninstall avast home edition?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 adam2040

Hi, just run the avast update this should resolve the issue, right click avast icon and select program update.

Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭xprepairs

'secunia software inspector-just ran program check and it says avast needs a update'

Actually avast updates automatically daily so I'm wondering why that inspector mentioned that? Kind of reminds me of a False Positive???

I had to run the avast update manually as said above to remove the stated vulnerability. I have avast set to notify me of program updates but in this case it did not, also i dont like using links provided by other programs/sites.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭xprepairs

Hmmmm, I have used Avast for 9 yrs and never heard of having it set to notify you of updates...it does it automatically. I guess I learn something new every day :)

i was suspicious of secunia originally as normally avast will notify me that an update is available. So i ran the manual update and yes secunia was correct and avast program was updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 frodos63

Just after running a manual update of avast and the program got updated from 4.8.1351 to 4.8.1356. Avast used to automatically update the program before, don't know what happen with this update.

Advertisement