Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help on 'Seller Bids for business' type site?

Options
  • 28-09-2009 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Folks,
    I have a website idea that I would like some help with.

It is a reverse auction/tender type site, for a very specific target market. There are maybe 15-20 retailers of these products in the UK and Ireland, and quite a large target audience. Big competition between the retailers means customers have to do a lot of phoning/e-mailing around to be sure of getting the best deal.

My idea is a site where people put up their requirements; 'I want 1 x product A, 3 x product B, 2 x product C, and I want them all in a fornights time'...type of thing. Registered suppliers then post their quotes.

Critically, I need the quotes to remain invisible until the 'quoting window' closes. I have already spoken to 2 of the main retailers I would be targeting, and they were very strong on this point, in order to prevent one supplier constantly undercutting all the time. It also removes the 'must be last bidder' mentality, so its more flexible for the retailer as to when they place their 'bid'.

The site wouldn't 'lock' the buyer into taking up the cheapest quote or
    whatever, it would just save them the hassle of making 10 phonecalls. There are lots of freelancing type sites that work along similar lines, and I've found some software out there that will let you build your own, but they are too software/freelancing specific. They generally have too many features as well, I want something very simple. Also, nothing I've seen has the ability for quotes to remain hidden until a given date.

I've already done a few small-scale sites, and am familiar with html etc., but this isn't something I could do on my own. Does anyone know of any software out there that would allow me to set this up, or would I have to get it custom-made?
    Thanks in advance.
    FP

Advertisement