Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious attack in city centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

The bearer of good news once again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Well a man is in a serious condition,if you want to pretend it didnt happen dont read

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Keep it friendly, chaps, or this thread won't last long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

shame that these people are aloud to get away with it. wonder how many witnesses there will be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

http://www.live95fm.ie/news/news-item/man-assaulted-in-limerick/a001f285-2506-4235-8038-05c63902038d

my friend told me a well known family were involved,live 95fm said the man wasnt part of the group hopfully it was not an innocent person

Your "friend" told you?

And is this "friend" a high ranking member of the Gardai? Or perhaps they are a top local journalist with a series of insider sources?

Or maybe it's just rumours and hearsay and groundless speculation? Maybe it's an attempt to see a criminal masterplan behind every violent incident?

I just Googled iron bar attack Ireland -Limerick. That gets you hits on incidents involving attacks with iron bars but excludes Limerick from teh results. I got 1,260,000 hits (an unfortunate name, given teh search ;)). Search for iron bar attack Ireland Limerick - just results in Limerick - you get 68,900. Which is a lot. But iron bar attack Ireland Cork gets 444,000.

So maybe - just maybe now - modern society is violent and there are unpleasant attacks all over the country. Groundless speculation on my part here but perhaps this was just one of those cruddy things that happens in teh early hours of teh morning in a modern City. A wild leap of fantasy this may be but what if this is *not* connected to some gangland conspiracy?

Of course I'm talking nonsense. After all your "friend" says that a "well known family" were involved :rolleyes:

Wait - was it the Corrs?

• Advertisement

Your "friend" told you?

And is this "friend" a high ranking member of the Gardai? Or perhaps they are a top local journalist with a series of insider sources?

Or maybe it's just rumours and hearsay and groundless speculation? Maybe it's an attempt to see a criminal masterplan behind every violent incident?

I just Googled iron bar attack Ireland -Limerick. That gets you hits on incidents involving attacks with iron bars but excludes Limerick from teh results. I got 1,260,000 hits (an unfortunate name, given teh search ;)). Search for iron bar attack Ireland Limerick - just results in Limerick - you get 68,900. Which is a lot. But iron bar attack Ireland Cork gets 444,000.

So maybe - just maybe now - modern society is violent and there are unpleasant attacks all over the country. Groundless speculation on my part here but perhaps this was just one of those cruddy things that happens in teh early hours of teh morning in a modern City. A wild leap of fantasy this may be but what if this is *not* connected to some gangland conspiracy?

Of course I'm talking nonsense. After all your "friend" says that a "well known family" were involved :rolleyes:

Wait - was it the Corrs?

wasnt one of those families.........................

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

So it wasn't the Corrs then? That Jim fella looks fair shifty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭KaiserMc

Jaysus, the last census cited the population of Limerick City as being '68,901',that means that everyone in town has got a belt of an 'Iron bar' 'Except me'!!..

Whoa! thats me staying out of Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I just Googled iron bar attack Ireland -Limerick. That gets you hits on incidents involving attacks with iron bars but excludes Limerick from teh results. I got 1,260,000 hits (an unfortunate name, given teh search ). Search for iron bar attack Ireland Limerick - just results in Limerick - you get 68,900. Which is a lot. But iron bar attack Ireland Cork gets 444,000.

What on earth does that prove about anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

krudler wrote: »
    What on earth does that prove about anything?

That people all over the country get hit with an iron bar and it's not connected to IrishVamps hobby horse of "Limerick Scumbags"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

had it anything to do with the ruck out in the crescent last saturday at all?

No my friend is a bar manager and works in town all his life he knows the score,he has to keep scum out of where he works.He dosent just make up stories,why are the some people blind to the same people over and over again causing trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Just stay inside and you'll never have to worry about anything ever again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Actually the incident happened inside/outside the molneaux bat on mungret st.. 1 of the Caseys arrived. Then another. They were eventually asked to leave in case more arrived which is their usual ploy. They were asked to leave, but a person in the bar known to them made a smart comment while they were leaving, which they didn't take kindly to. It's not the 1st time they have been in a fight in that bar or the 1st time a member of the bar staff hasn't thought twice to laying into them. Anyway, they arrived back in force later with iron bars. A shame someone was seriously injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

No my friend is a bar manager and works in town all his life he knows the score,he has to keep scum out of where he works.He dosent just make up stories,why are the some people blind to the same people over and over again causing trouble

I worked in town for years and knew loads of barmen/security guards/bouncers, you'd talk to 5 of them and get 5 different versions of the same story, some of the best bull****ters around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

my friend bought my cow from me for some beans and now i have a giant bean stalk in my back garden. I'm going to climb it in the morning

baza1976 wrote: »
    my friend bought my cow from me for some beans and now i have a giant bean stalk in my back garden. I'm going to climb it in the morning

cool we should organise a group to climb

baza1976 wrote: »

If you do thats good:)...however this is a serious crime and matter.Baza1976 you seem to have a problem with me??...i dont know why, but if i feel bullied i will report it.Whats your take on crime so in our city so or you just like to pretend it doesnt happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

If you do thats good:)...however this is a serious crime and matter.Baza1976 you seem to have a problem with me??...i dont know why, but if i feel bullied i will report it.Whats your take on crime so in our city so or you just like to pretend it doesnt happen

I told you before I don't have a problem with you personally as I don't know you and I have no intention of getting to know you.
    If I have a different opinion than you do about something I say it, thats what happens on forums. I see in this forum a lot of other people have mentioned you directly but you have not mentioned them!!!???!!! Are you bullying me then ????
    If you feel you are been bullied go ahead and report it and when you are reporting it highlight where please.

I have never pretended that crime doesn't happen in Limerick, I don't know where you got that impression from, it was not from me.
    I am well aware of a lot of crime happening, but I am also aware of a lot of positive things in my city too. This is where we (and going by this thread a few others) differ. People expect you now to be the bearer of bad news. Where as 99% of people posting here bring both good and bad news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 notmyname79

Would that be like the time I disagreed with irish vamp and commented on the constant "scumbag" threads and posts from her,
    that i later recieved what i would call bullying private messages.
    You can give it but seemingly cant take it.
    Why dont you change the record!

• Advertisement

Would that be like the time I disagreed with irish vamp and commented on the constant "scumbag" threads and posts from her,

Notmyname79 what bullying private messages did i send to you?

If ye dont like my threads or posts from now on please dont read/reply and i wont go near yer threads.Ye tell me change my record change yours giving out to me!!Best thing to do is to avoid each other

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Threatening private messages should be brought to the mod's attention tbh. You are only registered since June so you should still be able to show them to the mods. I know if I was getting PMs that were out of order I would let a mod know so the mod could sort it for me.

Funny thing is that you have 20 posts to your name so I looked through them, and up until now you have never had a discussion with IrishVamp in any of them, unless you have multiple accounts and spoke with her with one of them, it just looks like IrishVamp is starting to become an easy target on here for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

krudler wrote: »
    I worked in town for years and knew loads of barmen/security guards/bouncers, you'd talk to 5 of them and get 5 different versions of the same story, some of the best bull****ters around

The story is true, poor fella, hope he pulls out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

''if you dont agree with me I'll fling **** everywhere argue in circles and then report your post'' -irishvamp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 notmyname79

Kess73 wrote: »
    Threatening private messages should be brought to the mod's attention tbh. You are only registered since June so you should still be able to show them to the mods. I know if I was getting PMs that were out of order I would let a mod know so the mod could sort it for me.

Funny thing is that you have 20 posts to your name so I looked through them, and up until now you have never had a discussion with IrishVamp in any of them, unless you have multiple accounts and spoke with her with one of them, it just looks like IrishVamp is starting to become an easy target on here for some.

I changed to a new account brcause I didnt want any hassle. It was something that only happened over the space of a few days but i didnt want to turn on the computer and see any more in my inbox.

Just want to come on boards and have a read of a few interesting post not have an argument, thats why it would seem I had'nt spoken with her . I just felt I had to say something when she said she felt bullied and give her my opinion of how I felt when she p.m'd me. It was done so she could have a crack at me without anyone else seeing.
    End of story no big deal.

Advertisement