Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Design Work

Options
  • 28-09-2009 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Not sure if im in the right place to post this, but im looking for a freelance artist to draw out some ideas for some tattoos, Manly in the fantasy/biomech/gothic/ styles.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

T&P don't really do requests as far as I know! (There are but a few artists on here). You'd have to try google and have a chat with an artist in a studio.

Hope that helps, good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

yeah very few people here do it, and even when they do it's usually a p¡ss take, so like chin grin said head to a studio and see what they can do for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

As has been said, try the studio, however, if you really want to go in with a near spot on reference/ image for the tattooer then maybe have an ask in the Art & Architecture forum, there's most likely some illustrators there or also try the Digital Art & Design forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

Cool guys, Thanks for the advice.

Another suggestion, If I walked in and asked a tattoo artist that im looking for something completely up to them graphically but along the themes layed out, Would I be laughed out, or embraced as a human canvas :) ??

Iv always wanted to let an artist show what their worth on my body with as little limits as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

i did that with my leg and couldn't be happier, said to the guy, want it in this style, rest is up to you. he let loose and i love it, as does he. so as long as you give em enough scope they will be more than happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

In my own experience of artists in Dublin, I've found that they want a clear guide as to what you want. They may advise on colour etc but dont expect them to jump in with wild suggestions, or to suggest new elements for the tattoo. They like reference, lots of reference then make a stencil of aforementioned reference and tattoo that onto the skin.

You'd be very hard pushed to find an artist that on any given day will approach a job with the attitude of: "Well you could put X in there but if we change that to Y and add some shading in there it would make your tattoo much better." its more a case of you want X? You got X.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you go in with something that looks like a tattoo design, the artist is gonna assume that's what you want done. If you go in and describe the elements that you want, the style that you want, and tell the artist that you want them to draw you up the design and you trust them to do whatever they think will work best, then I'd imagine a lot of the time that the artist is gonna be stoked. This was certainly the case when it came to my bio-mech heart. (Same artist as Wills leg)

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

the artist is gonna assume that's what you want done.

Yeah that's what im scared of :(

I'm really looking forward to getting something done out of imagination and not your typical `this is what you asked for` type tattoo. should be fun :)

Advertisement