Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Build & Design required any advice??

Options
  • 28-09-2009 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Require 2 websites one for my own small business which will have some details to it offering various services and products, to include shopping cart etc..

Other site is for a client in beauty industry requiring basic brochure type site.

Budgets are restricted for both would appreciate any feedback would like to use a company I can discuss this with - do not have time or creativity to do myself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 johnlawlor

On a budget.... Buy a good shop cart package ...I like inspire shopping cart which has about 15 predesigned templates and will allow you to upload products with a spread sheet.... forget free cart systems unless your a programmer. pm me if you need help setting up, I can show you what sites I have using the inspire cart.. .. as i have a few shopping cart sites myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 BrightI

Thanks John will definitely take a look at that once I have the site running and start to add the fluffy extras - appreciate your reply.

Still need someone to do the sites for me??

• Registered Users Posts: 37 caminowebmaster

I'd advise as cheap and easy - put up wordpress and get a good lloking theme - very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

You can put up an ad on http://www.adverts.ie specifying what you're looking for and I'm sure you'll get plenty of replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭EyesLeft

This entertaining talk by Mark Conguista http://www.youtube.com/IgniteDublin#p/f/1/D799N_z7Sh4 should tell you everything you need to know; to be fair, not specifically about websites, more about advertizing generally, but fun and maybe useful to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Storm99

Go to letshost.ie and get a hosting site. Once you have that, you can download Joomla for free and you can build any website you like with Joomla for free. Shopping carts and brochure software etc can all be installed into joomla for free. You don't need any programming experience but it's handy if you know your way around computers.

But there are loads of books on joomla or you can learn it from the Joomla website like I did or from youtube etc !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Dakor

I would be happy to send you a quote for your website needs. Our core competence is Content Management System (CMS) integration.

This will allow you to have full control over your website after completion, with no technical knowledge required. You won't have the expense of paying a developer afterwards in order to make changes to your website.

We have an excellent team of graphic artists, Web designers and programmers, we can execute the work with quality and well within the time schedule.

See more information here: http://dakor.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Andy_Black

Hi BrightI,

I would recommend finding out what people are looking for before you even create your site. That way, instead of building a site and then trying to get it found, you build the site up to meet what people are looking for. I explain this strategy on my website, and have a few more articles you might want to read.

I use Wordpress to knock up sites for my clients. Wordpress is a Content Management System (CMS) that allows people to easily add and amend new content. It is used a lot for blogging so is software designed for the masses and therefore very simple to use. It's free, and is being used a lot for business websites too.

You can pick up nice cheap Wordpress themes for $80 from places such as www.ithemes.com or www.studiopress.com. Their themes look terrific and are easy to setup once you know Wordpress.

Simple sites I've created for client using the same $80 iThemes Wordpress theme (that I can keep reusing on mulitple sites) are:
    www.relianceinvestigations.ie
    www.dublinwashingmachinerepairs.com

These sites do the trick at the moment, and if we need to get the sites "made-over" to look prettier or branded we can go to the iThemes support forum and find people in there who'll do it nice and cheap.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Grow Your Business With Digital Insight
    www.digitalinsight.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Donagh_mc

It's already been said but I'd go with Wordpress also. It's extremly quick and easy to establish a site with the costs pretty minimal.

Thanks for the useful advice starting using wordpress and seems to be easy as recommended thanks will be intouch

• Advertisement

My main project is to get my own site started but not sure where to start really have no background in websites then maybe look at setting up basic webpage for beauty industry, its for family member and I am doing it as a favour so the cheaper the better again thank you all for great advice will let you know how I get on with my own site first (work in progress) until I do it for anyone else

Advertisement