Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Integrating an Online Payment System to an existing site

Options
  • 28-09-2009 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi All,

I am looking to add an online payment system to my current website so that clients can pay onlline for the services that we provide. A couple of people have suggested using Realex.

Can you tell me:

1. How much a developer should change for adding this to my website
    2. Is Realex a good system to use.

Many thanks in advance for any help on this.

Regards,

PG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭whizgremlin

Hi Pint Glass,

I have never heard of Realex, but I suggest using paypal! There are demos to view to get an insight into what services they have and how you could integrate them into your existing website, very good IMO..

Link: https://www.paypal.com/ie/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/general/GettingStartedWithPayPal-outside

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭daymobrew

A big advantage of Realex is that the page where you enter your credit card number can be branded to look exactly like your site. This is not possible on the basic PayPal package.

course it is daymobrew - if you have a simple enough design, you do have the option to put your banner as a header on the page, why else would u need to edit it really, i think the simple approach is always the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Pint Glass

Many thanks Daymo & Whiz,

Can you tell me what the cost should be a developer to set this up on my website?

Regards,

PG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭randombar

You also have to factor in how much you will be selling, remember paypal's commission (when you cash in your paypal monies) is pretty steep and realex only charges you a monthly fee. So it's a trade off depending on how much you will be selling!

• Advertisement

Pint Glass wrote: »
    Many thanks Daymo & Whiz,

Can you tell me what the cost should be a developer to set this up on my website?

Regards,

PG

Hi Pint Glass,

Jeeze, this can vary alot depending on what their rates are....its hard to pinpoint, you would probably have to speak direct with whatever developer you had in mind... if you're going for a cart/e-commerce workover on your site that can fetch a pretty penny and sometimes these costs escalate even while you sleep! Again, you just need to get someone who is in the know and give you a decent price.... :(

if it were the paypal option, jeeze if u could get some kid who knew a bit about web design they would pop this up for you in no time and it would probably only cost a couple of hundred - then again if you were any way computer savvy you could do this yourself, its NOT complicated...its just a copy n paste job, might save you alot in the long run... just be wary of not getting ripped off.. ask what you're getting for your money, its always best to get a detailed quote of what to expect once you hand over the cash!

GaryCocs wrote: »
    You also have to factor in how much you will be selling, remember paypal's commission (when you cash in your paypal monies) is pretty steep and realex only charges you a monthly fee. So it's a trade off depending on how much you will be selling!

Id rather pay a once off fee when i need to/want to drawn down a large sum, not being issued with a recurring monthly charge...you only get charged once you draw down the cash you want on paypal and its decent considering you're getting a free service, I wouldnt use them if I thought i was getting a bad deal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Id rather pay a once off fee when i need to/want to drawn down a large sum, not being issued with a recurring monthly charge...you only get charged once you draw down the cash you want on paypal and its decent considering you're getting a free service, I wouldnt use them if I thought i was getting a bad deal :)
    They steep fees that GaryCocs refers to are the commissions - PayPal deducts a certain percentage of the product cost - 3.4% + 35cent.

There is probably a revenue point where Realex is better than PayPal, and vice versa.

BTW, compare the providers. (I'm too short on time to type a coherent sentence).

daymobrew wrote: »
    They steep fees that GaryCocs refers to are the commissions - PayPal deducts a certain percentage of the product cost - 3.4% + 35cent.

There is probably a revenue point where Realex is better than PayPal, and vice versa.

BTW, compare the providers. (I'm too short on time to type a coherent sentence).

yeah i know daymobrew - I guess at the end of the day its down to the individual and what they are comfortable using, atleast the OP has a few options now to choose from :)

Thanks to eveyone for their replies.

There is one final thing I am trying to establish. If i have told our developer that we are going to use Real ex how much shoud the developer charge to do the background work and have this up and running on my website not including the fees from Realex.

PG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

There is one final thing I am trying to establish. If i have told our developer that we are going to use Real ex how much shoud the developer charge to do the background work and have this up and running on my website not including the fees from Realex.

PG
    How long is a piece of string?

Depending on the shopping cart system anything from a couple of hours to a few days I'd suspect ...

PG

:o PG, there is no concrete answer for your question im afraid, web developers' prices can range from a few hundred to a few thousand euros it just depends on who you get to do this project....my advice is to shop around, ring up a few companies/drop a few emails asking for a quote this will soon give you an idea of pricing.... hope this helps you out...

Thanks to everyone for tehir very informative and valuable comments

Advertisement