Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Swapsies

Options
  • 28-09-2009 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Got offered a straight swap for my 05 mini cooper 40k with a 05 seat leon tdi sport 66k miles. Don't know what to do any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Do you need a diesel? do you drive long distances? do you want a bigger car with higher motor tax? Is the car mechanical sound? Get a mechanic to check it out. Does it need parts or big jobs done like timming belt etc. Find out the history of the car, was it involved in any accidents. These are the types of questions you should be asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭murf313

The car is sound has fsh etc. I'm going to be doing quite a few more miles from next week on. The bit that I'm wary about is my mini being worth more than the leon. The mini needs an nct and new tyres tho. Can't see the mini being an easy sale in the currant climate

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Scouserfan

murf313 wrote: »
    The car is sound has fsh etc. I'm going to be doing quite a few more miles from next week on. The bit that I'm wary about is my mini being worth more than the leon. The mini needs an nct and new tyres tho. Can't see the mini being an easy sale in the currant climate

Sounds expensive, would have thought you could get into new model 2006 SEAT Leon for that or part with 3-4K depending on your own car for something like below;

http://www.carzone.ie/search/SEAT/Leon/1.9TDi-1/200938195243173/advert?channel=CARS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Is it the new or old model Leon? If it's one of the old model run out sport models (think they were 130 brake?) I'd reckon your mini is worth more. If it was one of the newer sport-up models with the 2 litre tdi it might be more closely matched

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Was he the one who offered the straight swap, or you?

If it was 'he' then he's probably gaming you, hoping to get a high performance (ish) car, for a TDI worth less than your car is.

Unless you actually want a Leon, and couldn't be arsed going through the bother of selling your Mini, I wouldn't do it OP. You'll get more than enough cash from selling your Cooper to buy a decent car. The only thing you save with this deal is time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Is this offer from a garage? If so, you'd expect to get a car that's worth less in any swap, they have to make a few bob.

Advertisement