Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colin Fry -Castlebar

Options
  • 28-09-2009 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Just booked my tickets to go and see Colin Fry live in Castlebar Nov 5th.

Watched him on Living 2 last night and he looked really good.

Anyone else going to see him?

Strange also that he is only doing Castlebar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭TechFreak

Ive read alot of negative things about Colin Fry.

There was an incident in the early 90's in which he was caught misleading a seance.I think he was found holding a musical instrument up in the air of something when the lights came on , prior to that he'd tell people it was floating on its own.

Your probably find more about it on Google, I think he use to go by the name Lincon at the time.

Hes also a big user of the cold reading technique , im seem psyhics that have impressed me but Fry clearly uses leading questions to envoke responses which we can then use and manipulate.

There are some psychics out there that can do things which defy my explanations.

This guy aint one though.

If you do go count how many times he uses the line

"Can you understand me my dear?"

during the show.Apparently its his number one leading question.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

If he is know to be a faker i really do not need to know how he was able to produce ectoplasm.

Linty Here

It was a Trumpet....

Here's the link to an article about the " floating musical instrument"

http://www.tonyyouens.com/psychic_news.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

TechFreak wrote: »
    It was a Trumpet....

Here's the link to an article about the " floating musical instrument"

http://www.tonyyouens.com/psychic_news.htm

That headline 'Medium caught holding trumpet'.
    ooer matron

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭xyz1

Colin Fry is excellent at what he does.

He is a brillant con man and fraudster.

By all means - go and see how good he is at it exactly, but do keep in mind that he is a lying, cheating son of a bitch who preys on those seeking solace and comfort in times of weakness.

• Advertisement

xyz1 wrote: »
    Colin Fry is excellent at what he does.

He is a brillant con man and fraudster.

By all means - go and see how good he is at it exactly, but do keep in mind that he is a lying, cheating son of a bitch who preys on those seeking solace and comfort in times of weakness.

Total agree.He's a big following in the OAP community.Its absolutely shocking how he can get away with misleading vunerable people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ghosthunter73

Grimes wrote: »
    If he is know to be a faker i really do not need to know how he was able to produce ectoplasm.

Linty Here

Thanks for that actually didn't know that about "Lincon" not that I put much stock in mediums ....I would be open for anyone do impress me with a reading where they could really tell me something only I would know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

TechFreak wrote: »
    Ive read alot of negative things about Colin Fry.

There was an incident in the early 90's in which he was caught misleading a seance.I think he was found holding a musical instrument up in the air of something when the lights came on , prior to that he'd tell people it was floating on its own.

Your probably find more about it on Google, I think he use to go by the name Lincon at the time.

Hes also a big user of the cold reading technique , im seem psyhics that have impressed me but Fry clearly uses leading questions to envoke responses which we can then use and manipulate.

There are some psychics out there that can do things which defy my explanations.

This guy aint one though.

If you do go count how many times he uses the line

"Can you understand me my dear?"

during the show.Apparently its his number one leading question.

I'd agree with ya on that. I've seen this fella on TV doing a public demo and I thought he was asking the audience way too many questions. Seemed very dependent on constant feedback from his guinea pigs in the audience. A lot of the sceptics sites seemed to have made a fair argument about him being sh!te as well.

zexstream wrote: »
    Strange also that he is only doing Castlebar.

Maybe Colin thinks the fresh Mayo air will make his brain quicker at making up crap on stage later that night?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

He's playing the Helix on November 6th (day before the Dublin Paranormal Convention!).

• Advertisement

6th wrote: »
    He's playing the Helix on November 6th (day before the Dublin Paranormal Convention!).

The booking agents at the Helix must book any yoke at all. Don't they research this kind of thing beforehand? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 squitty

actually he's doing limerick and dublin too. going to see him in limerick on 7th nov

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭FreedomJoe

Well I watched Colin Last night.

And I have to say he was good.

I went along with my wife who is also very open and senses quite a lot of stuff and she said Colin was real. She knew because she could feel him connecting when he connected with family members.

As for Colin he was excellent.

He spoke to many people and hit home very well.

At one point he even had me in tears aswell as the audience as he came out with information that was exactly correct. And noway could this be put down to cold reading or asking questions.

He also mentioned a challenge he had put down with Derren Brown, however today Derren has refused to accept the challenge.

I wasnt sure about Colin but after last night and speaking to my wife I now believe him to be real.

As for Derek Acorah tonight doing Michael Jackson I guess some Mediums are either pure fakes or moneygrabbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭emer tech

Hi i also went to colin fry in castlebar, 8 of us travelled up from Tipperary, was very good with some people, hit the nail on the head, and a bit vague with others. Was a good show overall, except there was meant to be a special guest TJ Higgs that was nt on at all...... when we asked his manager he said Colin decided to do all the show himself..... Was a bit dissapointed with that !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

FreedomJoe wrote: »
    He also mentioned a challenge he had put down with Derren Brown, however today Derren has refused to accept the challenge.

He and Derren Brown do completely different acts. What kind of "challenge" was he proposing exactly?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Derren Brown doesn't claim to be psychic does he? On his recent shows he said the tricks he performed weren't because of any psychic powers just clever mind manipulation. Did any of you see Colin Fry on The Panel? It was embarrassing, Neil Delaware was taking the p*ss a bit and the evil looks Fry was giving him were unreal.
    I watch The Sixth Sense a lot, I find he says a lot of stuff that could apply to anyone. Like for example he'll say 'she was an outgoing lively person'...then when the family member clearly looks puzzled he'll hastily add 'when it suited her' or 'when she had to be...but otherwise she was a quiet sort'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 squitty

didn't know what to make of him when I saw him last night in limerick. he seemed to be bang on with some people, but most of the time he appeared to be fishing and i was actually a bit disappointed. anyone else see him in limerick?

Advertisement