Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEC

Options
  • 28-09-2009 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Does anyone know if we will be able to watch the WEC over here soon.
    I was in america during the summer and was able to watch their wrekcage
    shows which had amazing fights!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Have You got ESPN?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Ed_

Have You got ESPN?

ESPN show WEC?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Is it on ESPN?
    Ihavent seen any listing or mention of WEC on ESPN!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I dont think selling international rights for WEC is a priority for Zuffa given UFC has more potential currently, Zuffa is already over-extended staff wise just with working on UFC and Zuffa seems to not know what to do with WEC in the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

setanta in australia have picked up WEC and will have the events live - and seeing as ufc/zuffa have a long standing relationship with setanta going back to 2003 & then showing tuf10, it would seem like a good home - it would make me resubscribe if i got WEC events - especially as they have announced they are going monthly (plus wrekcage is a great showcase showing most of the unaired prelims which tend to be better than most ufc ppv main cards tbh)

lets start emailing and asking for WEC - if aur aussie friends can get in on sultana why not us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

rovert wrote: »
    I dont think selling international rights for WEC is a priority for Zuffa given UFC has more potential currently, Zuffa is already over-extended staff wise just with working on UFC and Zuffa seems to not know what to do with WEC in the long term.

dont see your point - all they do is give the tv feed to a channel - its not like they have to put on WEC cards here, just give us the shows and take the money - simple as - sure,it will appeal more to the hardcore and not the casual but theats the dame in the us & canada atm

cmb. wrote: »
    dont see your point - all they do is give the tv feed to a channel - its not like they have to put on WEC cards here, just give us the shows and take the money - simple as - sure,it will appeal more to the hardcore and not the casual but theats the dame in the us & canada atm

I made numerous points :confused:

Very few international TV buyers would know what the **** WEC while they better should know what UFC is. The rights fees for UFC would much, much greater for UFC than WEC. Adding WEC to things internationally at the moment would just confusing viewers and TV buyers. Also Zuffa cant be signing three year contracts and the like for WEC when they going back and forward on whether to merge the two fight leagues etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Seems to be a wind of change it seems for the WEC as far as priority from what I can see, correct me if i'm wrong but the nest event is on oct 10th which is a saturday night, First time in as far back as I remember they havent held the event on a Sunday.

I've made the argument before it should be shown here as 9/10 they are better events for your buck than ufc etc but then there is loads of stuff that doesnt get shown here :mad: like the K1 gp that im watching at the moment that had to be acquired by other means with its unbelievably stacked card !!!!!!!!!!!! that would be worth a few of my euros to watch ppv even !!!!

I heard the K1 GP was great and without giving anything away very dramatic too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

rovert wrote: »
    I heard the K1 GP was great and without giving anything away very dramatic too.

Thats putting it mildly :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

Yea I wouldnt mind seeing WEC or Dream or K1 events over here

Advertisement