Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Health Care system now ranked 13th in EU

Options
  • 28-09-2009 1:09pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭

The below article caught me by surprise today. It seems we have improved a great deal from a previous report done 3 years ago where we ranked 28th.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/irish-health-system-ranked-13th-in-euro-league-428067.html

Those of you working in healthcare, do you agree with this report? Have things improved or shown signs of improving?

Personally I find it shameful that during the height of the boom years, our health care system ranked 28th. You would expect things to be better when the cash is there?

Anyone know how these reports are compiled and whether the metrics are credible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ZYX

I am afraid it is mainly based on self reporting by HSE. Of note 3 years ago they did not fill in most of the info requested of it and were ranked 28th. The following year they filled in lots of info, were moved up to 15 spot and then HSE claimed it was a sign of great improvement in the health service. From what I can gather it is not very reliable.

I should add one of the improvements was the NTPF which reduced waiting lists. Looks like that will have to be abandoned now so will be more interesting to see what happens next year.

Advertisement