Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romantic request - help needed!

Options
  • 28-09-2009 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi there,

My boyfriend's parents are 50 years married next week and his father wants to recreate their first date 53 years ago. He is whisking her off to dinner but to make it perfect he wants to find an Austin 7 which is what he drove on their first date all those years ago. They are based in Co. Sligo, and he would need the car by the 7th of October for 1 night. Any ideas/advice???

Thanks so much!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Awww that's so sweet! :)

I think you'd have a better chance of finding one, if you post in the Classic Cars forum. And maybe put the name of the car in the thread title.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Hungry Rock

qweeva wrote: »
    Hi there,

My boyfriend's parents are 50 years married next week and his father wants to recreate their first date 53 years ago. He is whisking her off to dinner but to make it perfect he wants to find an Austin 7 which is what he drove on their first date all those years ago. They are based in Co. Sligo, and he would need the car by the 7th of October for 1 night. Any ideas/advice???

Thanks so much!
    Hi ya.
    I believe there is a guy from Balintogher or Ballygawley that has a few vintage cars, I am not sure if he rents them out or not, sorry no name or phone number for him but I am sure some of the 'vintage' clubs would a good starting point too.
    Best of luck. :)

Advertisement