Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW X3 2.0L Diesel

Options
  • 28-09-2009 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any opinions on the BMW X3 2.0 litre diesel?

Consumption, road handling etc. Considering because of the space and four wheel drive.

Welcome all comments.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

danjo wrote: »

Consumption, road handling etc. Considering because of the space and four wheel drive.

Welcome all comments.

I have an opinion on them - pointless. A 5-series touring is more practical and much better handling.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭logie101

danjo wrote: »

Welcome all comments.

I don't think it is four wheel drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

logie101 wrote: »

And i dont think the space inside is any bigger than the 3 series estate either - the car on which its based on

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

logie101 wrote: »
    Any BMW with an 'x' in its name is 4 wheel drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Thanks folks, good information especially the review sites.

danjo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

They aren't that bad, quite a decent drive for the type and the engine has just enough go for the weight. Not sure of the technical dimensions, but they certainly 'feel' bigger inside than a 3-series touring, probably because of the height. Interior ambiance is very much determined by the spec and plastic colours, the poverty spec ones feel pretty, well, poverty.

I think the X1 is effectively replacing the X3, so it may be worth waiting for the next drop...

Advertisement