Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychics in Limerick...

Options
  • 27-09-2009 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi all,

Im just wondering can any one recommend a good one please, Im really intrested in this and would love to find out a few things,

Please let me know if you or any one you know have been to one....

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Listen to a few episodes of this podcast and you'll learn all you need to know about psychics.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭rockofrepublic

That link wont load proper for me to listen to the podcasts!

if you have itunes, open the store and search for "skeptic's guide". Then look for it in the podcast section. It's free, just in case you're worried you have to pay because it's in the itunes store :)

They have a number of episodes where they talk about psychics and the different techniques they use. It's also a very funny and education show so it's probably worth listening to anyway!

I'll try to find an episode where they do discuss about psychics...

EDIT: episode 181 discusses the psychics predictions that were made at the start of 2008 and compares them to what actually happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭rockofrepublic

Cool, Thanks.

I will have a search on itunes so....u dont believe in pyschics so do you no......

To be honest, no I don't. I used to be very sympathetic towards paranormal stuff but over the course of a few years I never saw anything that I felt ever had any actual proof.

Found out about the whole skeptical community and realised there were actually people out there would had similar "beliefs" to me. Mainly if you show me proof for something I'll believe it. But there's one VERY important think about proof and evidence. And that is "the more extraordinary the claim, the better the evidence needs to be".

You tell me you can swim I'll probably believe you, you tell me you can fly be flapping your arms...well we'd just have to walk to an open window high off the ground :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement