Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychics in Limerick...

Options
  • 27-09-2009 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi all,

Im just wondering can any one recommend a good one please, Im really intrested in this and would love to find out a few things,

Please let me know if you or any one you know have been to one....

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

There no good ones, just bad scam artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

zuroph wrote: »
    There no good ones, just bad scam artists.

This man speaks sense, save your money

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭postdarwin

I don't want to be as dismissive as the others above, but they are indeed correct. Psychics are frauds. Before you give up you're hard earned cash, do yourself a favour and read up on a technique known as 'cold reading.' I can highly recommend Ian Rowland's book (as does Derren Brown) in which he suggests excellent strategies to foil cold readers. Also, it may be helpful to become familiar with the work of James Randi and his foundation.

Alternatively, you may wish to visit a counsellor of some kind, if you have genuine worries about your personal life.

Anyway, here is a common example of a generic cold read:
    You have a great need for other people to like and admire you. You have a tendency to be critical of yourself. You have a great deal of unused capacity which you have not turned to your advantage. While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them. Your sexual adjustment has presented some problems for you. Disciplined and self-controlled outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. You pride yourself as an independent thinker and do not accept others” statements without satisfactory proof. You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, reserved. Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic. Security is one of your major goals in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

You have a great need for other people to like and admire you. You have a tendency to be critical of yourself. You have a great deal of unused capacity which you have not turned to your advantage. While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them. Your sexual adjustment has presented some problems for you. Disciplined and self-controlled outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. You pride yourself as an independent thinker and do not accept others” statements without satisfactory proof. You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, reserved. Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic. Security is one of your major goals in life.

Woahh, its like you're in my mind man.

but yeah, psychics are no more psychic than your kitchen table is, I feel sorry for people who believe in it, same with star signs and all that, a friend of mine used to work for a newspaper and whoever didnt have much to do at the end of the day used to make up the star sign page, throwing whatever random nonsense they could think of into it, and people probably take this as gospel thinking its going to affect the outcome of their lives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭cards

haven't been to one in ireland but my gut tells me this guy is genuine although he is up the country.

http://www.westmeathindependent.ie/news/lifestyle/articles/2009/05/20/39602-psychic-healing/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Dont worry, just think really hard how much you want the psychic, and im sure they will hear you, and contact you immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭postdarwin

I had a gut feeling about healer Kem Yeun until Randi demolished him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Z0y9EbLOg

But hey I'm SURE your guy is the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

ur cured. go in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

zuroph wrote: »
    ur cured. go in peace.

....and you did it all the way from over there!!:D

Advertisement