Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting to MySQL from ODBC

Options
  • 27-09-2009 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

I've been connecting to mySQL server on my webhosting package to insert data into crystal reports. Used it pretty regularly, but in the last couple of months haven't touched it.

Then today I wanted to fire off an up to date report but keep getting an access denied error. I went into the mySQL Connector/ODBC and checked it. The data hasn't changed however in the diagnostics of that tool I keep getting the following error when testing the connection:
    [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user 'myuser'@'xxx-xxx-xxx.ntlworld.ie' (using password: YES)

Anyone know why its using the address "xxx-xxx-xxx.ntlworld.ie" instead of the webhosting address? (the x's are numbers)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Got it sorted... My IP address changed since I last used it so I had to add my new IP to the mySQL remote hosts access list!

Advertisement