Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

19.2 Pound Baby Born In Indonesia

Options
  • 27-09-2009 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

WTF

WTF: 19.2 Pound Baby Born

An Indonesian woman has given birth to an 8.7-kilogramme (19.2-pound) baby boy, the heaviest newborn ever recorded in the country, a doctor said Wednesday.

The baby, who is still unnamed and is 62 centimetres (24.4 inches)

According to the Guinness Book of Records the heaviest baby ever born weighed 29 lbs 4 oz. (29.25 lbs). (Historical Note: The birth occurred in Effingham IL in 1939 and due to respiratory problems the baby died two hours later. The heaviest babies to survive weighed 22.5 lbs and were born in 1955 and 1982.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I hope the Doctor put in an extra stitch or two. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Poor guy. It'll be like throwing a cocktail sausage in O'Connell street now:-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

Please tell me the mother had a caesarian? I can`t stop thinking of the size of that baby, and the size of the orifice it has to go through. It will haunt me in my sleep.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Fat baby, fat baby, fat baby

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

And i always thought the biggest baby ever born was Bono.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Please tell me the mother had a caesarian? I can`t stop thinking of the size of that baby, and the size of the orifice it has to go through. It will haunt me in my sleep.:(

Yes, she had a caesarian section. One of the reasons given for why he was so big was his mother had diabetes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭jackson2009

the other normal sized babys expression is priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

On the plus side he'll probably have a good chance of getting served.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

There must be some amount of work went into making him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭15Pete

Baby on Boards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Another 19.2 lb baby? Or is this just a late ass report on the one all over the news for the last few days? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Big woop. YOu should have seen the thing I gave birth to last night at 4 in the morning.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

That's quite cheap.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

I can imagine the babys cry being a Hell of a lot deeper than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

thats unbelieveable - she wont have hope of carrying him by the time hes 1:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

!!!NEWSFLASH!!!
    Giant baby causes Indonesian Earthquakes!

Advertisement