Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Story- "One may smile,and smile,and be a villain."

Options
  • 27-09-2009 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

:DAnyone got any ideas for a story inspired by Shakespeares "One may smile,and smile,and be a villain."

Can be fact or fiction :rolleyes:
    Help very much appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

‘One may smile and smile and be a villian’ Susie said to eamonn as they wandered down the street hand in hand. It was 2 months now since she first laid her eyes on him at the school dance. He wasn’t one of her gang – an out of towner, and it was perhaps this as much as his brown ruffled hair that attracted her to him in the first place. She remembered it well . in fact at times she thought she would remember it for the rest of her life. It seemed like destiny had brought them together but lately she was having her doubts.

She wondered why he had 2 mobile phones, why he would never let her read the texts on his ‘business’ phone, why he was only available on Tuesdays and why when she often rang his house phone at night a woman sounding too cool to be his mother would answer the phone.

The weeks passed and as penny’s pestering about susie’s distant gazes grew in intensity she finally gave in and told all to penny. It wasn’t that she hadn’t been thinking about it for the past month. It was just that eamonn had said to well.....‘say nothing’. But nothing was the very last thing Susie wanted to say. She wanted to tell the whole world how she had met the man of her dreams and how he would stroke her hair and pull her eyebrows. She would brush them in class almost feeling his grip upon them. Close her eyes and she would see his smile. And surely penny would keep this secret. Where would be the harm?

And so it was. Penny listened intently as she watched Susie relive every moment of their 2 months together – 7 Tuesday dates in all. Penny’s eyebrows raised as Susie detailed the secrecy of the second mobile phone, the strange woman who was too cool to be true and the request to well......’say nothing’.’ That’s it’ said penny ‘we’re going to follow him.’

And so it was. Tuesday came and as Susie walked eamonn to his busstop in the pouring rain, penny was waiting to board the very same bus that eamonn would get on. As the 46A rolled round the corner eamonn gave one more tug and alighted with susie’s umbrella. Penny followed as seriptitiously as possible. Eamonn went all the way to dun laoghaire, too far for penny to feel comfortable but she was doing this for Susie, her dearest friend bar cloe, betty, becky and clopsy. Penny dared not blink as eamonn arose from his seat. Her heart raced as she stood behind him, her knees shaking and beads of sweat thundering into her eyebrows. Eamonn looked around eyes narrowing as he stared at penny and reached inside his coat. Penny wanted to scream but was frozen in time. Eamonn pulled out susie’s umbrella and smiled at penny. Penny gulped. It was not difficult to see why Susie had fallen for him. The doors opened and eamonn walked into the arms of a woman almost old enough to be his mother, kissing her passionately.

‘Are you getting off love? Love? I said are you getting off?’ Penny was still frozen but managed to fall into the side seat. ‘oh what news for susie’. As soon as penny had recovered she rang Susie. ‘ he’s seeing another woman, and Susie....she has no eyebrows’.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

smileylou wrote: »
    :DAnyone got any ideas for a story inspired by Shakespeares "One may smile,and smile,and be a villain."

Can be fact or fiction :rolleyes:
    Help very much appreciated :D
    Please don't just copy the story below, it would help you in no way:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Call me a nerd but I miss doing these essays in school :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 smileylou

Haha yea thats not really what i meant i didnt wanna plagorise someones story was just looking for random ideas to bring my brain into english writing mode :p Bit of Writers block yano :D

Advertisement