Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone spot the Google Earth car?

Options
  • 27-09-2009 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

I live outside Tralee, in a fairly rural area, and last Friday week (18th September) at around 2pm I was pulling out of my house ( I live on a back road, cul-de-sac) but I had to wait for a car to pass up the road before I could pull out. Shocked to see an Italian reg, left hand drive, black Opel Astra with 10ft high tripod with camera on top and Google Maps written on the side! The driver looked foreign. I was gobsmacked to see him on our road! Dublin would be one thing but rural north Kerry?
    Anyone else spot him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Yep,about a month ago,on remote enough backroad in Crinny in castleisland.Im flyin along in my van and see the exact same italien reg car and the massive tripod on the roof coming at me down the hill,me and the apprentice were both saying WTF:eek:??? I didnt back off,and he pulled in out of my way,i hope he keeps in what he recorded because it will be funny looking back at us flat out up the hill towards him when it all goes live!! Thinking back we shoulda followed him pulling faces or something idiotic like that!:P:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

saw it around mid july in dripsey in cork. was wondering at first what it was till it came closer and saw the writing!

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Yeah that's what I shoulda done aswell, should have trapped him at the end of the road and had a chat with the lad :D Must be some job driving around the country with a big camera on top of the car, everyone would wanna stop ye and have a chat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ivanrlynn

Yep went into town (Boyle, Roscommon) to get some munchies and seen a black astra 08 reg with a camera setup with mirrors on top, as it was passed me I failed to see any logo on the side. In all fairness Ireland should be easy to streetview compared to some of the work they have done in the states hopefully it will be online soon!

Advertisement