Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

"Does This photograph suggest one careful owner"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

15K for a 10yr old ..... not a chance.

its been used for what its designed for (off-road)... which is a good and a bad thing.
    Good - its means the damn gas guzzler isnt on the road (annoying us normal motorists)
    Bad - its been driven heavily really putting pressure on the vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

First of all its not a car.

Secondly thats what the OFF ROAD vehicle is supposed to do.

Although I cannot comment on the price it seems that he has looks after the Landrover considerably well.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

just what it says on the tin....
    better seen it do this than school runs...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

That looks cool.

I hope that the guy who wrote the ad isn't the guy who did the work, seeing as he doesn't know the difference between "brake" and "break"!!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Carstuck

Although I cannot comment on the price it seems that he has looks after the Landrover considerably well.[/quote]

Fairly well? Look at the back and the back wheel axal, why use this picture to show its 'condition' :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Have you seen the spec on that thing?

It'd be Naïve to think someone would spend all that money and not use it for extreme offroading.

Carstuck wrote: »
    Although I cannot comment on the price it seems that he has looks after the Landrover considerably well.

Fairly well? Look at the back and the back wheel axal, why use this picture to show its 'condition' :confused:[/QUOTE]

its being used for what it was designed - as another poster said .... better off road than on a schoooool run. (for their only child)

at least the owner is not trying to hide anything (that we know of) and shows that it has been used off-road..... honesty in a car advert !!! (for once)

price is a bit off but thats another point.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Have you seen the spec on that thing?

It'd be Naïve to think someone would spend all that money and not use it for extreme offroading.

see them every day on the roads - feckin SUV's and Jeeps - on a tarmac road !!! ...just doesnt make sense..... and these people have the cheek to brake suddenly so they go over a speedbump slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I doubt you see jeeps with external rollcages, huge travel suspension and winches on the school run ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Lads, this isn't a road car. It's a competition car for off road events. Judging by the spec I'd say it's looked after by someone who knows their stuff...unlike some of the posters in this thread who think it's a road car:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

PCPhoto wrote: »
    price is a bit off but thats another point.

considering the price of all the off-road goodies on that yoke and the fact that ordinary Landies of the same vintage are advertised for not much less this machine is actually a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Look at the back and the back wheel axal, why use this picture to show its 'condition' :confused:

The picture is to show its capabilities, not its condition. It's a dedicated off-road vehicle - the target market for it aren't interested in knowing that it doesn't have shopping trolley dings or that the wheels haven't been kerbed. They want to know whether it will plough over Carrantuohill or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

The ad doesn't state "one careful owner"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Jaysus, I suppose the OP would rather it being used to cart Sean Paul and Saoirse to school and back :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭plissken

PCPhoto wrote: »
    its means the damn gas guzzler isnt on the road (annoying us normal motorists)

I'm a normal motorist and seeing 4X4's on the road does'nt annoy me in the least, they pay their road tax and fuel tax just like you and I, why should'nt they use the roads ?

phutyle wrote: »
    The picture is to show its capabilities, not its condition. It's a dedicated off-road vehicle - the target market for it aren't interested in knowing that it doesn't have shopping trolley dings or that the wheels haven't been kerbed. They want to know whether it will plough over Carrantuohill or not.

Most 4x4's are used on the roads with steep hill etc, not hills like carrantuohill.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

He is not selling a corrola or avensis for everyday shoping trips.

He is selling a 4X4, proper one, not a plastic crap that goes of the line now. And he just shows what this car is capable of. If you dont understand about real 4x4 sport, dont comment stupid stuff about it...

It would be the same as selling drifting car, and drop a picture of it on track drifting...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭maidhc

Most 4x4's are used on the roads with steep hill etc, not hills like carrantuohill.

Exactly. That is why you don't see a warn winch, rollcage and a snorkel on a Hyundai Santa-fe!

BTW you don't need a 4x4 if your house is at the top of a steep hill!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Now you're being obstinate.

The whole point of the picture is to show that this 4x4 is indeed used as a dedicated off road vehicle. What most 4x4s do or don't do is irrelevant.

As has been pointed out many times in the thread, this vehicle has a long list of features and modification specifically for off-roading in the most difficult conditions. Anyone looking to buy it is looking to use it for a very specific purpose.

If you don't believe that, sure call him up and offer him 4 grand for it. When he tries to explain to you what kind of vehicle it is, what it's designed and has been used for, and what capabilities it has, cut him off and say "But sure it's filthy! And it looks like you've driven it on some bad roads, so I'd say the suspension would have had a hard time. 4250, my final offer, you won't get better than that. By the way, does it have 18" alloys with low profile tyres? I can't see for all the mud."

Then post back here and tell us how you got on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

If you don't believe that, sure call him up and offer him 4 grand for it. When he tries to explain to you what kind of vehicle it is, what it's designed and has been used for, and what capabilities it has, cut him off and say "But sure it's filthy! And it looks like you've driven it on some bad roads, so I'd say the suspension would have had a hard time. 4250, my final offer, you won't get better than that. By the way, does it have 18" alloys with low profile tyres? I can't see for all the mud."

LMAO:D

• Advertisement

Now you're being obstinate.

The whole point of the picture is to show that this 4x4 is indeed used as a dedicated off road vehicle. What most 4x4s do or don't do is irrelevant.

As has been pointed out many times in the thread, this vehicle has a long list of features and modification specifically for off-roading in the most difficult conditions. Anyone looking to buy it is looking to use it for a very specific purpose.

Don't think he's going to drop €10,750, regardless of its usage or condition. BTW he actually has alloy wheels, behind the mud of course!! It is a little pricey though, isn't it? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭plissken

It is a little pricey though, isn't it? ;)

For what it is, absolutely not and if you knew anything about serious off roading you would know that :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I think that's brilliant..
    what a machine :D

Advertisement