Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Bored,

Options
  • 26-09-2009 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Can anyone suggest something fun to do in laois, I really think I need a hobby,, ready to pull my hair out with boredom,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

Princess_N wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest something fun to do in laois, I really think I need a hobby,, ready to pull my hair out with boredom,

Take up a sport maybe... lots of clubs around and normally welcome new people. What are your interests princess?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

Yea see i'm not really into sports so i think its a bit late now to start one,, Not helpful I know,,, Its just boring because I know very little people down here, Wouldn't mind doing some sort of dance class or something,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Colpriz

Ok, if bored..why not set up your own club of interest...www.meetup.com...there might be one in your area..maybe caters for dancing too, or other hobbies..good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

i can be your hobby... live in wex/dub but willing to travel...

haha, only joking with you, i actually have that problem when im back in wexford at the weekends, it can be pretty boring like... try golf maybe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Colpriz

Colpriz wrote: »
    Ok, if bored..why not set up your own club of interest...www.meetup.com...there might be one in your area..maybe caters for dancing too, or other hobbies..good luck

excuse the '...there' on the link..sorry!

• Advertisement

Where you living OP, Portlaoise?

Club Vitae, Comfort Inn Midway Hotel, Togher Roundabout run a yoga class.

Majella's Dance Studio, Clonminum Business Park, Portlaoise run Hip Hop ,Salsa,Pole Dancing,Aerobics,Wedding dancing ,Ballroom and Ballet classes

That might get you started :)

You living down here long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

come to the next beers and you will get to meet people from portlaoise and portarlington! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Thing 1

Hi,

You should try out the walking club in the Slieve Blooms, guided hikes (c.10 - 12km) over mountain terrain. Walk on most Sundays - good craic and very rewarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

Hi Thanks for all the replies, I've been down here about 9 months now, Does anyone have a contact number or website for majellas?

Whens the next beers taking place??

Thing1 - Would I be able for the walk or is it more suited for people who hike regularly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

Hi Thanks for all the replies, I've been down here about 9 months now, Does anyone have a contact number or website for majellas?

Whens the next beers taking place??

Thing1 - Would I be able for the walk or is it more suited for people who hike regularly?

The next beers will hopefully be before the end of october! Hopefully. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Thing 1

Hi,
    The walks are graded - an A walk being the most challenging, and a D walk being the eaiest (you could nearly bring a buggy on the D walk).
    I brought some friends out on an A walk yesterday and they got on grand - none of us are very fit!
    Google Slieve Bloom Walking and this will lead you to a list of all walks + give you a guide on the level of fitness you'll need.

Does anyone have a contact number or website for majellas?

Tel:
    057-8688513

Mobile:
    087-7716226

Email:
    majelladargan@hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Kenteach

Know how you feel.
    I'm here in Portlaoise nearly two years, don't work here though so decided to join a soccer club, start an evening class and go for a few drinks with people on here.

All soccer clubs were fully registered, my evening class didn't get sufficient numbers so was cancelled, and no one turned up for beer. You wouldn't want a complex!!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

doggin maybe lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

There's a ceramics/ pottery class starting soon in The Dunamaise Arts Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭El Camino

Anymore details on the pottery class? Sould like it could be a bit of fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Check out their website or talk to Martina/ Theresa in reception.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement