Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rast test

Options
  • 26-09-2009 3:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

Ok, so what exactly does the rast test look for...

Is it specific to each person or a general test?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

Hi, I am not a medical person. My daugther has allergies and has had a few rast tests. They tested her blood against different allergens. The results can differ slightly each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Hi, I am not a medical person. My daugther has allergies and has had a few rast tests. They tested her blood against different allergens. The results can differ slightly each time.

My son got his bloods taken last week. But I found the register unwilling to listen to what I was saying.

I think my boy has allergies to wheat, soya and dairy... Just hoping that these will be included in the test.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

an overall IgE will be carried out, and then specific IgEs to the most common allergens and also to any specifically requested by GP.

IgE is antibody portion associated with allergies. Different allergens stimulate production of specific IgE proteins.

Advertisement