Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Tattooist in Dublin

Options
  • 26-09-2009 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Moved to dublin not so long ago and was wondering where is the best tattoo parlor here? Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It depends on what kind of tattoo you want done. There's never such a thing as "the best tattoo parlor"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

What Damo says is correct, some places are better at certain styles than others. There's no out and out best studio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Luke Kelly

RRaff wrote: »
    Moved to dublin not so long ago and was wondering where is the best tattoo parlor here? Any recommendations?

Wexford tattoo's by kevin killeen is where i would go if i were you , i have two sleeve's and some of my work is shady and some of the artist's who inked me were crap , kevin is known all over europe and america they come from far and beyond to get inked by him , you can find him on bebo or my space for contact info and you can see some of his work on bebo .
    Ask any tattoo artist in dublin who kevin killeen is and they will say they know him , infact some artist's from dublin have their machine's tuned in by kevin .

http://wexford-tattoo.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Luke Kelly wrote: »
    Wexford tattoo's by kevin killeen is where i would go if i were you , i have two sleeve's and some of my work is shady and some of the artist's who inked me were crap , kevin is known all over europe and america they come from far and beyond to get inked by him , you can find him on bebo or my space for contact info and you can see some of his work on bebo .
    Ask any tattoo artist in dublin who kevin killeen is and they will say they know him , infact some artist's from dublin have their machine's tuned in by kevin .

There's a guy that I was talking to brifely, he was in my shop buying some t-shirts(tatoo type) .. He was telling me he was a tatoo artist, he seemed to be really into it and know what he was talking about.. His shop is near trinity college and it's called Trininty tatoo I think, he has a bebo page with images of all his work, google it if u wanna check it out.

Edit: just checked his bebo page, he's actually located in tallaght, not near trinity college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Luke kelly - take it easy on the promotion k? take this as a warning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Luke Kelly

Will wrote: »
    Luke kelly - take it easy on the promotion k? take this as a warning

I'm not promoting anything , i'm simply giving my insight and knowledge of tattoo's and if that has offended you in anyway i apologize . So let me get this straight , if a user ask's in a post where is the best place to go for a hair cut or a pint of beer or to buy some cd's i am unable to post back some places or store's i think might help the user ? if this is correct does that mean that the user should not ask in his or her's post for information regarding the topic ?

it's not offending me but you're just butting in with links to this guys website, i don't know if you are the dude, his mate or just a real hardcore fan but if anything it just puts people off

• Registered Users Posts: 21 shocko2009

best tattoo artist i have found is pat in the studio on top of capel street,its a run down shop but his work is great! there is a big difference between a tattooist & a tattoo artist,his free hand work is great,ive had loads of tatt's done by various people but wouldnt go to anyone else now!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

Joe Myler of jmds body art in waterford or Ian Flynn of the same place....hands down 2 of the best artists in ireland if not europe.

www.jmdsbodyart.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Joe Myler of jmds body art in waterford or Ian Flynn of the same place....hands down 2 of the best artists in ireland if not europe.

www.jmdsbodyart.com
    Europe is a big ass claim.
    I'll buy one of the best in ireland, not in europe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dingdong1

are you joking or serious? look at the oriental back-piece on page two of his gallery :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

dingdong1 wrote: »
    are you joking or serious? look at the oriental back-piece on page two of his gallery :eek:
    Think thats bad look at the liverpool pic i posted in another thread, the stars and bird are brutal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

Ha!

I've worked as a bodypiercer in a busy Waterford City studio for 9 years. A huge amount of my work over the years has been fixing piercings this joker made a mess of. He may be a good tattooist, I cant judge as I cant view the gallery at the mo but based on the lads reactions we can assume not, but he is defiantly not professional. It doesn't take much of an eye to see you've made a mess of a piercing but he keeps banging em out and I keep having to fix em. Based on this alone I would steer well clear of him and advise others to do the same.

www.jmdsbodyart.com

also +1 about Joe, the man is truely gifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kellyc

shocko2009 wrote: »
    best tattoo artist i have found is pat in the studio on top of capel street,its a run down shop but his work is great! there is a big difference between a tattooist & a tattoo artist,his free hand work is great,ive had loads of tatt's done by various people but wouldnt go to anyone else now!

hey

ive been looking through threads trying to get info on tattooists in dublin ive seen a few good comments on this guy pat in capel street, do you know the name of the studio? im looking to get a poem in script done down my side its my first tattoo so not sure where to go or where to start really!! i hear erin in snakebite would be good for this too

any advice would be appreciated

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Nice website, not great tattoo's

• Registered Users Posts: 21 shocko2009

pat in capel st hasnt got a web site as far as i know! the shop is known as johnny eagles but its only pat in there,u need an appointment tho! well worth a visit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

As the first reply said, best tattoo parlour? pfft even best artist is impossible to say.

thats like asking whos the best band?

Each artist is into different things, the question really is which artist is best for you?

After a couple of different artists i found one that i like and thats who i stick with now.

closing this because it only attracts 1 hit wonders to the site who pimp studios, which leads to people commenting on said studios and their abilities or lack there of.

AlcoholicA summed it up nicely :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement