Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female singer looking to start swing/jazz band

Options
  • 25-09-2009 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I’m a 21 year old female classically trained singer and I am looking to start a group or ensemble if you will :)

What I am looking for is brass, drums, bass etc think the Squirrel Nut Zippers, Peggy Lee, Nat King Cole, Big Bad Voodoo Dadies, Cherry Poppin’ Daddies, Ray Charles, the movie THE MASK or even Imelda May...along those lines. The idea behind this is given the popularity of Burlesque events and the reanimation of swing music and dancing into the public forum lately, the timing for an old style swing/jazz band of talented musicians to surface is perfect!

So I’m looking for like-minded people female/male regarless of age to help me start this bad boy!

Any takers can contact me at

itstoodamnhot@gmail.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dyoc

Hey sounds cool!
    Just getting into swing music at the moment to be honest. just started messing around with jazz improv on guitar too. Been playing for 8 years and have played in international comps and got 1st prize. my theory aint bad.

Im 18 and based in South Dublin! If you're getting something going and need a guitarist gimme a shout!

Thanks!

I’m a 21 year old female classically trained singer and I am looking to start a group or ensemble if you will :)

What I am looking for is brass, drums, bass etc think the Squirrel Nut Zippers, Peggy Lee, Nat King Cole, Big Bad Voodoo Dadies, Cherry Poppin’ Daddies, Ray Charles, the movie THE MASK or even Imelda May...along those lines. The idea behind this is given the popularity of Burlesque events and the reanimation of swing music and dancing into the public forum lately, the timing for an old style swing/jazz band of talented musicians to surface is perfect!

So I’m looking for like-minded people female/male regarless of age to help me start this bad boy!

Any takers can contact me at

itstoodamnhot@gmail.com

Advertisement