Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthurs Day

Options
  • 25-09-2009 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

What does everyone think? Personally i think its one of the best executed marketing campaigns in years. Guinness guinness guinness was all the buzz yesterday. Dublin city centre was mental - taxi drivers and business owners are saying it was their busiest day since last Christmas. People that dont usually drink guinness were downing it like theres no tomorrow last night. A triumph of marketing in my opinion.

Any views?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I have to agree.

I'd really love to know where they pull the money out of though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

I agree, I think they really did a bang up job. I used to hate Guinness, well the first 3 pints I had, I started to like it after that. Creating buzz about the drink, and reducing the price to 2.50 in a lot of places got alot of people past that barrier of a few pints I reckon!

Love to know how much it set them back though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,166 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Absolute marketing guinne...... i mean genius!

iT's gotten so much exposure and you wouldnt believe the amount of people i know who went out just because of this special day, it was like a version of Paddys Day

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭spartan1

I have to agree.

I'd really love to know where they pull the money out of though.

They generated so much money worldwide from yesterday they rpobably made a MASSIVE profit out of the day, Like hallmark coming up with days to celebrate we were absolute puppets running into pubs at 17:59 to toast a pint of Guinness, free or not

Guinness is owned by Diagio, and just look at all the other brands owned my Diagio http://www.diageo.com/en-row/Ourbrands/
    they own nearly every drink in the pub

Everyone went on benders and even if only had one pint of free guinness ended up giving diagio all their money .....again

An absolutely fabulous execution of marketing ! Hats off diagio

• Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Stephen Fry once described Feng-Shui as the ancient oriental art of getting idiots to part with their money.

Replace 'Feng-Shui' with marketing and you'll see where I'm coming from.

As one of most dysfunctionally alcoholic peoples on the planet, is it only me that sees the irony of this shill-fest?

• Advertisement
Advertisement