Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

somebody might know?

Options
  • 25-09-2009 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hello folks,
    Please can someone advise me? A friend has been accepted on to a course for unemployed people to return to college. Now she is entitled to keep her jobseekers allowance because the course is in the evenings and she is available for work etc. but she will go onto a degree programme in January 2010 which will be fulltime. So my question is, if anyone knows, is the btea available to her in Jan? Or, is there some deadline after which you cannot apply. She is terrified she will lose the dole in January and all will be a waste. I cannot find anything about deadlines for btea but that doesnt mean I'm right.
    Pls advise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭atheist

I cannot find anything about deadlines
    Hi,
    She should visit her Dole office, and hopefully there's an notice up giving the times, if not ask, and make an appointment to meet their facilitator, who has a panel to sign and stamp on the brown BTEA form. Don't be fobbed off by frontline staff who don't know enough about it. The facilitator can check eligability and advise which of the three different addresses the form's to be sent to. That's it.
    Good luck
    Joseph

Advertisement