Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas Antics

Options
  • 25-09-2009 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

What crazyness have you seen while riding the LUAS?

I once saw a woman going crazy, running up and down the trams screaming then standing in the door when it opened and refusing to move. Ended up breaking, the Garda had to come down to get her.

Seen lots of people drinking on the Luas only to have the garda waiting for them 3 stops down.
    Seen lots of people stand in the doors and not let them close (I hate this).
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Some woman got her arm stuck in the door as it was closing. She tried to squeeze as the door was about to shut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭A_SN

Not actually the LUAS, but in the equivalent in Nantes (in France), once a 70 year old lady sat next to me, and after a few minutes she started to cry/sob/weep. No idea why. That was pretty damn weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

Chap ran in front of the Luas to slow it down so he could catch it. Silly man.

And at a Luas stop late one night, overheard a hilarious conversation between a junkie and the SOS intercom thing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

A_SN wrote: »
    Not actually the LUAS, but in the equivalent in Nantes (in France), once a 70 year old lady sat next to me, and after a few minutes she started to cry/sob/weep. No idea why. That was pretty damn weird.

Did you ask her what was wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

I remember a junkie on the LUAS once was caught by inspectors and didnt have a ticket and gave him his credit card to pay the fine. He just listed off random numbers. Was quite funny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Zatman wrote: »
    I remember a junkie on the LUAS once was caught by inspectors and didnt have a ticket and gave him his credit card to pay the fine. He just listed off random numbers. Was quite funny

:eek: Hard to believe!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭A_SN

Did you ask her what was wrong?
    Well no! That'd be inappropriate/undesirable. You don't want to explain yourself to strangers and satisfy their curiosity when you break down for a reason that doesn't concern them, do you?
    Zatman wrote: »
    Ah reminds me (again, in France), I didn't fraud a lot but once I validated a ticket three times (on different travels) and then a whole bunch of inspectors got in. One of them looked thoroughly at my ticket for about 15 seconds, said "Thank you" and moved on to the next passenger... lol? :D

More unrelatedly, once I took a train to which I couldn't buy a ticket (because it was full, so I didn't even have a seat), so I got in anyway, then a controller came, I said I didn't have a ticket, he spent the next 30 minutes trying to make his electronic machine for making fines work but it didn't work so he finally let me go without paying anything! :pac: On top of that, even if he could have fined me it would have cost me less than the actual price of the ticket for some reason I forgot... lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

i saw a woman get onto the luas....get out for a second to look at something...and then the doors close on her....was amusing

Advertisement