Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountant Fees

Options
  • 25-09-2009 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hello Hello :) ,

I have to get my taxes done for 2006 , 07 and 08 (..yeah.. I know... ;) ) ,
    normal PAYE employee, but have to hand in a tax return for self-employed as I sold some share option during these years.
    Got all the paperwork (invoices for refuse, medical and whatnot) in order and ready to hand over,

I'm currently mad busy with working overtime and want to get that done here
    locally but they quote me 650 Euro for it.

Is that normal ? Excuse my ignorance, but sounds a tad expensive, even
    if they are qualified accountants :confused:

Would really appreciate some pointers here. Really want to get that stuff sorted, but don't want to be taken for a ride. Had enough of that already from the government, really.

Thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,714 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It depends on the quality of the accountants and the complexity of your tax affairs, but your €650 will only buy you a couple of hours with some. Even if they primarily use junior members of staff, your returns will still need to be checked over by someone more senior. Hence I do not consider this as an excessive amount to charge

Of course, you could always get another quote

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

for three years returns it sounds fair enough but you might get cheaper if you keep looking.

oh and don't forget that figure may not include vat so you could be adding on another 21.5% onto the quoted fee

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Hi

To me this fee would seem quite acceptable. Anyone charging less is very likely cutting corners IMHO.

Kind Regards

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

Thats sounds very fair. How much do you think is fair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 speakswan

Yes a good price take the offer with both hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mwalsh7

if you have not got them done yet I will do the three of them for €500+VAT provided you have all the paperwork (invoices for refuse, medical and whatnot) in order and ready to hand over. Based in Dundrum.

Advertisement