Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCVP????

Options
  • 25-09-2009 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have recently been told that I didnt qualify for LCVP. My subjects are german,art,biology and History. I have subsequently been told by the same teacher that I have to take LCVP. I am also taking business outside of school. I dont want to do LCVP. Does anyone know if I do or Do not qualify for LCVP or does anyone have information regarding LCVP??? Thanks! :D

the teacher said it would benefit me but im already doing 8 subjects. the only way i would qualify was if i was doing business inside school which im not !!!!!!!! what do u think ?? am i within my rights to tell them to get lost ??

And not everyone in the year is doing it, theres around 26 people not doing it out of a year of around 50

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The teacher who told you didn't qualify and then you did, what reason did he/she give?

Here are the requirements:
    From the LCVP site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Does everyone in your year have to do it? Maybe that's why they're telling you you have to....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nessa =]

nope not everyone in the year is doing it, theres around 26 people not doing it out of a year of around 50 people

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

The only subject you would qualify under is Art and Business but you said you do Business outside school which I imagine doesn't count because you could drop it at some stage.

I don't think you are under any obligation to do it. It can be useful for points especially if you are doing a number of ordinary level subjects as a distinction is 70 points, merit 50 and pass 30.

However under the requirements you don't qualify and half your year isn't doing it so I don't see the problem. I don't think you can be forced to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

I did LCVP and HATED it but the 50 points I got wer DEAD handy. Wudnt have got my course without it.

It's not too much work and worth doin imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Why is it nearly impossible to get a distinction in LCVP?

Advertisement