Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming RTE radio on Ubuntu?

Options
  • 25-09-2009 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

I have just come across the BBC plugin in Totem and i find it great for streaming podcasts from the BBC. I was wondering is there any program (or plugin for totem) that will allow me to stream RTE radio programs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I stream it at home and use the RTE player too. Can't remember what I use to stream radio - I'll check later - but it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

on a similar topic
    I tried to get sky player working a while ago and just couldnt using moonlight

any reccomendations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭BOZG

Tom-eg wrote: »
    I have just come across the BBC plugin in Totem and i find it great for streaming podcasts from the BBC. I was wondering is there any program (or plugin for totem) that will allow me to stream RTE radio programs?

Do you need to listen to it through a programme? I know that it streams fine for me in Firefox via the Windows Media plugin, if I choose Windows Media Player.

Another option is to download the Window Media file from http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/live/radio/radio1.asx and open it as a file in VLC Player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Just checked - no special software - just use the Windows Media option as BOZG said. Works fine.

Advertisement