Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sewage overflow at ringsend plant

Options
  • 25-09-2009 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

From rte.ie

What started off as a normal morning for the ringsend sewage treatment centre has quickly turned into national emergency. Extra staff have been called in and the gardaí have cordoned off the area untill the situation can be brought under control. Doug Brown, safety officer at the time of the accident spoke to us for a brief moment;
    "It started about 6am when I noticed we had an unusually high amount of sewage for that time. At 7.30 we were operating at full capacity and extra staff were called in to deal with the situation. Just after 10 a spill occured at one of our sedementation tanks which has since been closed for health and safety reasons."
    Arthur's day.
    As of yet there is no official explanation for the unusually high amount of waste coming into the plant, but many people have pointed towards yesterday's Arthur's day celebrations as a possible cause.
    Dublin city council are expected to make a press release later in the day.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0934/waste.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I'd say it's not the only rings end that's suffering after all that Guinness last night....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

isnt it fitting that the security officers name is Doug Brown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

404 mang

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

TheZohan wrote: »
    I'd say it's not the only rings end that's suffering after all that Guinness last night....

Ba dum tish.......

FYP :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

I have been duped by an internet type person. Quick wiggles...to the gossip tree!

-Funk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

To Arthur...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

If it is the Guinness then the biggest marketing ploy ever just backfired horribly.

Guinness is good for cleaning you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If it is the Guinness then the biggest marketing ploy ever just backfired horribly.

If it was a real story it would have backfired.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,992 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

For once I would agree that Dublin's where the big sh1ts hang out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Why is this news?
    There has been and still is more crap and schite coming out from a national building in Dublin in one hour than this place in a day.

Meh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Oh The Humanity

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Oh, the puns should be flowing like that sewage in Ringsend...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Go to the Dail, there is more elected schite jokes there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

I used to work here for a couple of months and it was the most foul smelling place in the world im soooo glad i wasn't working there yesterday haha

And ringsend really is an appropriate name for that place haha

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Apparently it isn't an overflow, its quite the opposite, the country is actually going down the sh!tter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dorian gay

funk-you wrote: »
    I have been duped by an internet type person. Quick wiggles...to the gossip tree!

-Funk

shhhhhhh ;).

wait, what. you didn't actaully......

:confused:
    AnonoBoy wrote: »
    If it was a real story it would have backfired.....

:D. When i wrote it i thought it was obvious. But the final prize goes to irishpimdude because as he worked there it makes it even worse that he believed my outrageous story.

I used to work here for a couple of months and it was the most foul smelling place in the world im soooo glad i wasn't working there yesterday haha

And ringsend really is an appropriate name for that place haha

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,992 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It wasn't always inefficient at Ringsend Sewage Works. Somebody must have rectum.

:o

Advertisement