Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newsletter / Emial List Software - PHP List & Cmapaignmonitor.com

Options
  • 25-09-2009 11:15am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I need to send an email to about 5000 emails, every few weeks.

Will phplist do this? Are there downsides or limitations?

www.campaignmonitor.com is a good alternative but will cost $55 per go - pretty expensive for what I'm doing.

Can you give me any advice as to what is best to do?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

Unfortunately you will need to use some specialized company to send your emails for you. If you send them from your own server, your mails will eventually become blacklisted and be seen as Spam.

Ive used campaignmoinitor.com to send newsletters and their reporting is very good. This I find most important as I can see what people open the email and If they do then what links they click.

Im not sure what your newsletter is for but if for example it was for an ecommerce store than $55 to send 5000 emails isnt too bad and is quite cost effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Zascar , i use phplist in my company, i can recommend it.
    blacklisting depends on how often you send it and to how many, has not happened to us yet. And we have sent over 100k's

just after develop plugin for phplist aswell

Advertisement