Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anyone alive in Monaghan??

Options
  • 24-09-2009 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

Look at this Monaghan thread - four or five posts and thats it?? Are ye alive out there?? Cat got yere tongues?? Perk up and get posting. There must be something to talk about. For instance; the roadworks in CMX getting ye down, what about the new restaurant coming to town, anywhere good for a pint in 'Blayney hi (No), any good shows hi, what do ye think of the Banty back in the driving seat. Jaysus there's 5 threads already - more than I've seen in the last six months! You have been warned!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

I think I proved my own point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Luckylion

I see Lidl is open early on a sat morning in Carrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

I think I proved my own point!

I agree Henry-I posted a simple question in this forum earlier today and not ONE response.....Have they all died?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

Be assured, we are here alive and well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭balliali

Yes, us Boardsies are all well in Bragan! Turf cut and saved, y'see we never have problems to discuss. Far too busy watching what everyone else is saying and doing on Boards. But rest assured..... we have not gone away y'know;).
    What about the Monaghan Food festival over the weekend. 2 courses for €12 in participating restaurants, that sounds OK. Even Andy's who make great food with reasonable prices are involved, so this weekend is TownTime. Beats cooking the tea at home, if it's not great we can blame someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

I used to post the odd comment or question but soon realised what an utter waste of time it is! no comments for aeons. there's nothing happening on the monaghan page, but then again is there anything happening in Monaghan at all!? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

I'm alive and well :p

just thought i'd have a look back here and see if any resurrections took place in the past two weeks and lo (and behold!) there's a few of ye's out there - i was beginning to question computer literacy in kavanaghs own county

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I was in Monaghan a few months ago in Knockatallon camping. What a peculiar place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

Wasn't young Lily Allen up in Clones at a festival recently ?

Surely that's exciting !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

No.... there is nothing happening in Monaghan but still at least we have Pizza D'or! Yummmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭balliali

Hi Dlofnep
    What's so peculiar about Knockatallon. Lovely spot. Great self catering apartments, (not the tents) Hotel, good grub, lovely people, you didn't get lost camping.... so it's a very grand spot. Very civilized bunch living locally, so that aint bad. On your way to Knockatallon, you passed some other lovely spots too. Don't be afraid to come back!!! icon12.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 MarysCross

Lost the will to long ago! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

balliali wrote: »
    Hi Dlofnep
    What's so peculiar about Knockatallon. Lovely spot. Great self catering apartments, (not the tents) Hotel, good grub, lovely people, you didn't get lost camping.... so it's a very grand spot. Very civilized bunch living locally, so that aint bad. On your way to Knockatallon, you passed some other lovely spots too. Don't be afraid to come back!!! icon12.gif

Oh, I loved it there :) Just, in the middle of nowhere. lol

Knockatallon was great. Community run hotel, which was the first time I've ever seen such a thing run. Really great idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gazzer70

Was Lilly Allen in Clones? Must of been visiting her grandad old Francie Allen, he could hold a tune himself!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Suppose I'll pop in & say Hello too!
    From the foot of the Bragan mountains myself! :)

Gave up visiting this place too, as there's never anything happening.

C'mon there must be something to talk about. Seeing as there's nothing to do in Monaghan I decided just to get b*llixed drunk instead. Are there any decent offies or pubs around that anyone knows of that sells 'fancy' beers rather than the usual Harp, Smithwicks, Guinness and Budweiser? Anyone know anywhere serving a half decent vegetarian dinner? What time is the bus to Dublin :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This

Roadworks in CMX are irritating.
    The CourtHouse is lovely.
    Huges for the best drink and monday club.
    blaney scum.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

C'mon there must be something to talk about. Seeing as there's nothing to do in Monaghan I decided just to get b*llixed drunk instead. Are there any decent offies or pubs around that anyone knows of that sells 'fancy' beers rather than the usual Harp, Smithwicks, Guinness and Budweiser? Anyone know anywhere serving a half decent vegetarian dinner? What time is the bus to Dublin :eek:

Looking for a cosmopolian lifetsyle in Monaghan? Perhaps you should think again.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Has Monaghan town been affected by the flood of shoppers across the border into the North?

Are Armagh, Enniskillen and Craigavon thriving at the expense of Monaghan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

People are stopping in monaghan as the prices are as cheap as in parts or the north.
    Lots of deals to be had at the moment .

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭clones1980

Lily Allen was indeed in CLones, well scotshouse to be exact. My sisters friend picked her up from airport.

PS. Need a tiler urgently like before christmas??? anyone know of one,,, a good one like thats not a total rip off or need i travel to northern ireland for that too???

Advertisement