Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamspark won't work with my ISIC :(

Options
  • 24-09-2009 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hey all,

I recently found out about Microsoft's Dreamspark website, where they give away Visual Studio Pro and other development software for free to students. (www.dreamspark.com).

I have tried to Verify using my ISIC card, but it is never accepted. I am always told "Invalid ISIC Card".

The card is in the format SxxxxxxxxxxxxJ, and I have tried every variation of this possible (No J, no S, etc.), but nothing works.

I have emailed Microsoft on two different email addresses, yet have received no reply at all.

My school isn't listed on the page, so that's not an option either.

If anyone has any ideas they would be hugely appreciated :)

(BTW I haven't given up on Java. :D)

Cheers,
    SP534.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

How old is your ISIC card? It may not be valid yet against their system at the moment.

Also hastle your school/uni to get signed up so that it will remove some of the hassle. In the meantime you can always use the express editions of the software

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Have you tried applying using your college email address through here? It worked for me a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭zdragon

what is the name of your uni?
    have you tried to sign-up here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 SP534

@Ginger: Got my ISIC card on the 18th of this month...as far as I knew it's verified from the start..either way it should be verified by now surely.

@zdragon/ethernet: I'm not in Uni, just started transition year.

As for hassling the school, I don't know...will think about it. Am currently using the Express Editions anyway hehe.

Just tried again now, still "invalid". :(

Cheers,
    SP534.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Ah ok, the ISIC is only valid at uni level
    Couldn’t get verified?

* If you are a HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT, you need to have your teacher apply and then you can get an access code from your teacher. Go here for details.

* If you are a COLLEGE STUDENT, DreamSpark has different partners around the world to help verify college students whos schools haven't been added directly to the platform. Please see below for the different options we currently have available.

ISIC is detailed as being for college level. Check with your school administration and see if they will join.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 SP534

Ginger wrote: »
    Ah ok, the ISIC is only valid at uni level
    Couldn’t get verified?

* If you are a HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT, you need to have your teacher apply and then you can get an access code from your teacher. Go here for details.

* If you are a COLLEGE STUDENT, DreamSpark has different partners around the world to help verify college students whos schools haven't been added directly to the platform. Please see below for the different options we currently have available.

ISIC is detailed as being for college level. Check with your school administration and see if they will join.

Ah :(

Thanks for that. Saved me a lot of hassle hehe.
    Will try and see if school will try and join so. Thanks mate :)

- SP534

Advertisement