Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much should btea be weekly??

Options
  • 24-09-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

I thought the allowance was the same as you got on your other payment i was on the OPF payment and for some reason the BTEA payment I am getting is more is that right or should i look into it i dont want to be overpaid and end up having to pay them back a fortune. I have tried to see on the site the amount you should receive and cant find it does any one know ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

danois wrote: »
    I thought the allowance was the same as you got on your other payment i was on the OPF payment and for some reason the BTEA payment I am getting is more is that right or should i look into it i dont want to be overpaid and end up having to pay them back a fortune. I have tried to see on the site the amount you should receive and cant find it does any one know ??

Its 204.30 regardless
    Back to Education Allowance is paid at a standard personal rate. If you are currently getting a reduced rate of payment (because you have means assessed against you, or you only qualify for a reduced rate of benefit), you qualify for a higher weekly rate of BTEA. The allowance includes increases for a Qualified Adult and Qualified Children, where applicable. The rate of payment is affected only by changes in the Budget each year and changes in qualified adult or qualified child status.

From here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

Not true. it is basically whatever rate you were on depending on your status when you applied, as in JB gets €204 a week so you'll get that whereas I was on carers allowance so I get €220 a week. it all varies depending on what you were getting before but generally it's around the €204 mark.

Go get your rent allowance sorted just for fun. It'll be the easiest RA application you'll hopefully ever do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Its a minimum of 204.30, thats what i was saying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

thanks for replies i rang them to check didnt want to end up owing a fortune it turns out the fuel allowance is back thats why

Advertisement