Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2009 Grand Final Thread

Options
  • 24-09-2009 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭

2009 TOYOTA AFL GRAND FINAL

Saturday September 26
    St Kilda v Geelong, 2.30pm AEST

St Kilda
    B: Jason Blake, Zac Dawson, Steven Baker
    HB: Brendon Goddard, Sam Fisher, Sam Gilbert
    C: Farren Ray, Lenny Hayes, Nick Dal Santo
    HF: Andrew McQualter, Justin Koschitzke, Clint Jones
    F: Stephen Milne, Nick Riewoldt, Jason Gram
    Foll: Steven King, Leigh Montagna, Adam Schneider
    I/C: Luke Ball, Raphael Clarke, Sean Dempster, Michael Gardiner
    Emg: David Armitage, Jarryn Geary, James Gwilt

In: Dempster
    Out: Robert Eddy

Geelong
    B: Darren Milburn, Matthew Scarlett, Corey Enright
    HB: Tom Harley, Harry Taylor, Andrew Mackie
    C: Joel Corey, Cameron Ling, James Kelly
    HF: Jimmy Bartel, Cameron Mooney, Steve Johnson
    F: Travis Varcoe, Tom Hawkins, Paul Chapman
    Foll: Mark Blake, Joel Selwood, Gary Ablett
    I/C: Brad Ottens, Shannon Byrnes, Max Rooke, David Wojcinski
    Emg: Shane Mumford, Simon Hogan, Mathew Stokes

No change

Poor Matthew Stokes is the man to miss out this year.

Not really fussed who wins but the head says Geelong will have too much for St. Kilda.

If the Saints do win then I'll be gutted for Robert Harvey. Played for the club for 21 years and never won a Premiership, and the year after he retires they have a chance to do it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

I think the cats will be too strong for the saints too, but nevertheless ill be shouting for the saints,(im a glutten for punishment:D) it would be good to see them win one seeing as they havent won since the 60's.

Im sure it'll be a cracker game all the same

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

yeah not really fussed who wins, I really like both sides, especially Riewoldt and Ablett. just hope for a good tough game. I think Geelong might have the experience, and the hunger after losing last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

What TV channel is showing the game over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Wow that was great. Neck and neck til deep into the fourth quarter. Cats deserved it simply because they took their chances. Glad it wasn't a blow out in favour of one side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Anywhere this can be downloaded from the net? All I see is torrents with multiple leechs and no seeders.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

great game alright. much like the Prelim between saints and dogs, real intense hard hitting stuff. Cats experience told inthe end. They started better without any nerves, and they finished stronger. It was there for St Kilda, but they didnt have the composure to finish very very easy chances. The miss by Scneider at the start, Milne and McQualter were shocking. Hawkins was lucky to get away with his poster (what a terrible technique of a kick for it too!) but with Ablett and Chapman playing well in the last quarter, they deserved it.

Riewoldt was well marshalled through out. Cats had 2 or 3 on him at times. Milne and Schneider didnt do enough crumbing and picking up breaks when their men went up for those balls. Good game tho, I'd have loved to see Ablett get the Norm Smith to round of his year, but Chapman did well considering he was nearly out of the game with his hamstring.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Currahee01

Well done Cats (even though ye cost me €50!!)!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 annemarie09

04072511 wrote: »
    What TV channel is showing the game over here?
    I watched it on Eurosport 2, which had showed the AFL games either on the Monday or Tuesday nights after the lives games. The televised times were usually around 21:30. Great game, almost as good as the Western Bulldogs game against ST.K

Advertisement