Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 307 Recall

Options
  • 24-09-2009 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi Guys

Question for you all

My 2003 Peugeot 307 got a recall for something to do with the ABS unit needing to be re-sealed now I must admit that I didn't book it in for the recall straight away I kinda waited a while!!!

Anyhoo in the meantime I have had a few problems with it that I think are down to the reason why its being recalled, this has happened me 2/3 time, I'm driving along and a notice flashes up on the dash saying the airbags have been de-activiated and then the ABS symbol comes up now these lights stay on on beep every few seconds and each time they beep my radio knocks off and if I turn my engine off it is totally flat for about an hour (I found this out the hard way)

So I mentioned this to the girl when booking it in for the recall and she said they will hook it up to the computer bla bla bla but because its not what its bein recalled for it'll cost €72 and I asked is there no chance that these probs are anything to do with the recall to which she replied no!!

So car goes in and I get a call a couple of hours later saying that the whole ABS unit needs to be replaced (FOC) and that nothing showed up on the computer as being wrong I have a feeling these probs are only occuring because of the ABS unit being dodgy when I bring it back tomorrow for the work to be done, should I pay for the computer thingy? I said it again to her about the 2 things being related and she kinda said that she doesn't know if they are linked!!!

Any advice on whether I should pay or not???

Sorry for the long post!!!!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I would say no, as the ABS light was coming on before you brought the car in. They would also have had to hook the car up to the computer when replacing the ABS module anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,296 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I would argue that if the faults have now gone away that this recall work was obviously the faulty component and therefore no charge should apply.

Advertisement