Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Trading down??

Options
  • 24-09-2009 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Just a shot in the dark here, but is it technically possible to trade down for a smaller car and basically pay nothing for it? I have a 2000 1.4L Ford Focus, and I could manage with a smaller car/engine so I was just wondering is it even possible to do it? Anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I doubt a garage would be interested, better off selling yours privately

• Registered Users Posts: 51,161 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

In the current climate little or no hope. There are too many people out there as it is trying to change expensive cars they can no longer afford or to free up cash, for cheaper cars. Unless you are swapping it for something a garage cannot shift they will have little or no interest.

You will be better off advertising it as a swap or part exchange on the likes of www.adverts.ie or www.donedeal.ie.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

jmcwobbles wrote: »
    Just a shot in the dark here, but is it technically possible to trade down for a smaller car and basically pay nothing for it? I have a 2000 1.4L Ford Focus, and I could manage with a smaller car/engine so I was just wondering is it even possible to do it? Anyone know?

Unless the focus is a money pit, needing constant repairs, it's not going to be hugely more expensive to run that a 1.0 litre super mini. I'd keep it tbh, you need to factor in the hit you'll take on the focus before doing anything.

Advertisement