Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Space heating solid fuel stove

Options
  • 24-09-2009 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi All,

Looking for a space heating solid fuel stove output around 3-5kW not necessarly inset to fireplace. Carlow area.

Any advice on how to choose from what is available and questions I should be asking?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I got a Stanley Oisín for my kitchen. It has 6Kw output (non boiler) and heats my kitchen nicely. The kitchen is 6.5m x 4m. I had it put in while I was getting an extension built and had a false chimney breast constructed and put twin walled flue behind it. The Stove cost me €400 while the flue cost €700!!! A few slate tiles as the hearth to set it off as fireplace.

Photo attached. I took it with my phone so the quality is not good but you'll get the idea.

24092009u.jpg

Advertisement