Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in Education with the Open University

Options
  • 24-09-2009 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience of this masters, especially the 'Educational enquiry' module that's now recommended as the introduction (if you're starting now)? The student feedback seems to be quite critical of the structure of that particular module.

I know teachers who've done or are doing this masters, and I know it's one of the more popular OU masters degrees, but I don't have a sense of whether it's particularly well-regarded (beyond it being "a masters degree" full stop).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sunflower2

Hi claire h, I completed the education enquiry module with the OU last year. This module is very theory based, but does give you a good grounding before you work on any other modules. That being said, the material was heavy going. Last year I studied the Child development module and found this much more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭oide10

Hi,

I signed up for this module last May and the course material arrived today, looking at it I am a bit overwhelmed, as sunflower says it looks fairly heavy going.

How did ye find the course, any tips or suggestions for me?
    Any help would be appreciated!

Advertisement