Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tail light question

Options
  • 24-09-2009 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know much about cars... :o

My dashboard light came on this morning to say that one of my bulbs was gone. I checked my lights when I got to work and it looks like one side of one of my tail lights is gone? My car is a 2004 VW Golf MK5. So does that sound right, are there two bulbs in each tail light? And can I just go into Halfords and get a new one and fit it myself? Or will I have to go to a garage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Unless they have LED lights, then there would be at least 3 bulbs (brake, rear and indicator).

A quick google gave me this page:
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_change_a_brake_light_bulb_on_a_VW_Golf_MK5

Should be dead easy to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Ah yes, google would have been smart :pac: Cheers for that, doesn't seem overly complicated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

No offence OP, but it's really quite scary the amount of people that can't so the simplest car mantainance. At least you're getting it sorted - plenty don't. If you bring it to halfords they'll have the bulbs and fit it for a couple of euro extra. Really is a simple job though, just remove back cover and take out the bulb holder. It's like a house bulb after that;)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

EPM wrote: »
    No offence OP, but it's really quite scary the amount of people that can't so the simplest car mantainance. At least you're getting it sorted - plenty don't. If you bring it to halfords they'll have the bulbs and fit it for a couple of euro extra. Really is a simple job though, just remove back cover and take out the bulb holder. It's like a house bulb after that;)

I know, I'm completely ridiculous. I don't even know how to pump air in my tyres or what pressure they should be!! I was just saying a few weeks ago that I need to get more car savvy, so I'll make this the start of it and try do it myself :D

Advertisement