Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Park lights staying on 04 Micra

Options
  • 24-09-2009 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Hi, anyone had any issues with an 04 model micra where the parking lights stay on when the car is locked?
    Turn off the car and lock as normal and the little park lights front and rear stay on. I've disconnected the column switch but they're still on, I've also pulled all the relays I can find in case it was a stuck relay. I have a feeling its to do with what looks like a factory or Nissan installed alarm, worked from the key which flashes the indicators and park lights when arming.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I had a smiliar problem with a car couple fo years ago. Turned out to be a faulty tail light bulb might be worth checking all your bulbs

In my car when the brakes were pressed with engine off the parking lights would light up turned out to be a fulty brake bulb

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Cheers Bazzy, unfortunately I thought of that last night and disconnected each lamp in turn but all the rest stayed on :(
    I'v seen that happen with a dropped filament in the bulb as well as the wrong bulb fitted.

Advertisement