Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted home heating oil (green diesel)

Options
  • 24-09-2009 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Has anyone any idea how I can get rid of 1000 litres of home heating oil?
    I'm renovating a house in Dublin that came with a full tank of heating oil.
    The tank is not very accessable and would really need to be pumped out from a distance of around 25m.
    The fuel itself is green diesel stored in 2 plastic tanks and seems perfect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

Any contractors with their own diggers or other form of plant would be only too happy to buy it of you at a discount rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LilStevie

Thanks, that's a good idea.
    I want to put a driveway in the front garden so maybe I could use it as part payment.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭secman

I recently had to empty an almost full tank of oil, I contacted my supplier and arranged for it to be pumped back into the tanker. When my job is finished I will order Kerosene and will get a credit for the Diesel oil returned. Oil co thought it was a strange request, but the times that are in it , they agreed to do so.
    This only happened 2 weeks ago.

Secman

Advertisement