Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Amateur Poker League : Thursday 24th Sept in O'Gormans Bar, Kilminchy Village

Options
  • 24-09-2009 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭

Starting this Thursday night, in O'Gormans Bar, Kilminchy, we will begin the Irish Amateur Poker League. The league is running nationwide and will allow players of all ages and skill levels an oppourtunity to compete in the grand final and a €65,000+ prize pool!

Entry into the tournament is €10 and players will compete prizes on the night as well as ranking points. The league will run for 12 weeks, broken down into 3 4 week qualifying periods. The player with the most points at the end of each 4 week period will go forward to the Grand Final in Feb '10.

The game is a No-Limit Holdem double chance tournament, full details of which can be viewed in this thread.

Players of all skill levels are welcome, if you've never played before and fancy learning the game this is a great opportunity to do so in a fun and friendly environment for a small outlay.

If you have any questions feel free to post or PM.

J.P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Matt Santos

Are there any other pub games that are being played around Laois at the moment?
    I am looking after a Tuesday night game in Mountrath at the moment. I would love to hear other venues that are running a game so as I could get to play myself!!
    Pm me if you dont want to contribute to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Matt

There is a full list of venues for Laois here

http://www.pokerinthepub.ie/Events/tabid/62/cat/20/Default.aspx

Hopefully something there that suits!

J.P.

Reminder, this is on again tomorrow if anyone fancies a game of cards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

is it from 9pm again yes?

Id say myself and my other half will be there. we couldnt make last weeks but we would love to go tonight.

Ruby-J wrote: »
    is it from 9pm again yes?

Id say myself and my other half will be there. we couldnt make last weeks but we would love to go tonight.

Sorry for the delay in responding Ruby, hope to see you down next week! We generally get going around 9.15, registration is open until after 10 most nights if you are delayed.

J.P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭pineapple*soul

hmm definitely interested in the one on in cross's bar on Monday nights. Am I right in thinking you can just walk into a tournament? I don't need to be signed up to the League since September?

EDIT: and what kind of on the night prizes will there be?

hmm definitely interested in the one on in cross's bar on Monday nights. Am I right in thinking you can just walk into a tournament? I don't need to be signed up to the League since September?

EDIT: and what kind of on the night prizes will there be?

Yup, you can just walk in on the night, no membership pre-requisites. Last week there was €70 in the main pot and €200 in the last longest pot, the winner took home €130 afaik.

A reminder that this takes place tonight, 9pm.

J.P.

New 4 week cycle for the league starts this week, the game will now take place on a Tuesday at 9, starting tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭pineapple*soul

Juan Pablo wrote: »
    New 4 week cycle for the league starts this week, the game will now take place on a Tuesday at 9, starting tomorrow!

Cool, will be there. Though it's not up on that link you have above yet. Also there's a game advertised in Mountrath in Coss's bar on that website that isn't on; was down there last night and barman told me there was no demand for a game there. Don't know if you're involved in the running of the site but thought I'd pass the message on

Cool, will be there. Though it's not up on that link you have above yet. Also there's a game advertised in Mountrath in Coss's bar on that website that isn't on; was down there last night and barman told me there was no demand for a game there. Don't know if you're involved in the running of the site but thought I'd pass the message on

Thanks, I'll let the organisers know. The main thread for updates can be found here in case you are checking. See you tonight!

J.P.

• Advertisement

Reminder that this takes place again tonight at 9 in O'Gormans

JP

Advertisement