Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bureau de Change vs UK ATM (EIRE to UK)

Options
  • 23-09-2009 9:04pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering whats the cheapest way to get Pounds sterling, is it through Bureau de Change or just using an atm while over?

Damn search is disabled right now :rolleyes:. Thanks :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Well my OH is going to Scotland on Friday and I have told her(damn straight) to take the money out as she needs it in the UK as:

1. You do not have to take a lump sum out in the Irish Bank and pay a charge along with 3 cent less than the actual daily exchange(Bank of Ireland)

2. You do not have to bring back spare money you did not spend(good luck with that) and then have to pay another charge in the bank to convert it back.

3. You do have to pay a small fee to use a UK ATM but its nothing considering the charges you would have to pay in the bank.

4. You can also go to an airport Exchange desk and change your money there as mostly they do not charge commission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

i find it easier and cheaper to use an ATM, although i don't think there is too much in it.

you don't always pay charges, it depends who you bank with and what ATM you use. There is a thread on this somewhere.

BTW, there is talk of Sterling dropping even further, so it is a good time to visit.

Advertisement