Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inclusion in the Supplement Register of Electors

Options
  • 23-09-2009 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm not sure where I should post this question, mods please move it somewhere more suitable if necessary.

I was previously registered to vote on the Dublin City Register and moved house last year to Dun Laoghaire - Rathdown area. I applied to be included in the Supplement Register of Electors for the local Elections last May (in good time, or so I thought!), but I was advised that I had missed the deadline (it was 18th May) by letter dated 27th May.

Thats Ok, I thought, I can accept there might have been some delays with my application. The letter went on to say:

Important bit in bold below
    However your application will be processed when the Draft Register of Electors is being prepared in the Autumn, or for any further Election/Referenda being held up to the 14th February 2010

Today I rang DLR Register of Electors section to confirm that I had been added to the register for the Lisbon vote and found out that I am not on the register! My gf who followed the same process as me, on the same dates, same letters received etc is on the register now.

I believe the deadline has passed for inclusion by now through the normal process. I have left my details with the chap I spoke to today, and he said he would investigate what has happened in my case. What are my options to be included for Lisbon? Is there another 'Supplemental Supplemental' register that can cater for situations such as this? Or am I out of luck for a second time regarding my 'right' to vote.

Any advice welcome
    /T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,333 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I was talking to someone in the city council about this today. They are only allowed use the annual register - it isn't a rolling register. There may have been miscommunication between DLRCC and your girlfriend.

Advertisement