Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ableton suite/live 8 course

Options
  • 23-09-2009 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

HI

does anyone know of anyone who does tutorials in abelton 8?

preferably one on one sessions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Have you tried the masses of tutorials on their own site and youtube? - they are pretty complete!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭torqdj

yea ive watched one or 2 alrite, id prefer having an actual person show me, so i can ask questions as i go along, i find it easier to learn things that way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

torqdj wrote: »
    yea ive watched one or 2 alrite, id prefer having an actual person show me, so i can ask questions as i go along, i find it easier to learn things that way

sorry to do this but i always have a problem with people saying that they learn better with someone showing them.

who the hell doesnt learn better when there being shown.

stop being lazy and get stuck in,about 90% of producers on here havent had any help.they ask questions on forums or other producers, look at tutorials and experiment

I watched the vids they had on site, grabbed the pdfs and was up and running with ableton in a day - and very sure that if i had a problem that people here would help when asked with difficult crap and errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭dapope

torqdj wrote: »
    HI

does anyone know of anyone who does tutorials in abelton 8?

preferably one on one sessions

Hi torqdj,

I actually bough is myself see below.
    https://askvideo.com/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=33

the dvd comes as a tutorial, and gives you full interactive video demos on how to setup the sequesncer, all your midi IO's, and also if you want to get your controller, i set my mates up with AKAI APC40.

its worth the cash if you are going to use Live properly as a production suite.

Regards,
    DP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭alan kelly

got a day tutorial from a guy called enda from newbridge. He is a qualified ableton instructor.. Was a hundred quid for a day,, best 100quid i spent in a while.. if u want his number send me a pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

My business partner Barry Dempsey gives Ableton Classes and Demonstrations around the country, in various studios and in the Applestores. We run a sucessful Ableton course for Begineers, Advanced and Master Class. We are both lecturers in sound engineering and professional engineers and producers in our own right. Probably 30 years experience between us both. My 20 anyway;)

We've been running courses out of the studio for 6 or 7 years at this stage, and everybody who's done them have been happy with the results. If you want get in contact and we'll organise a visit to the studio and see if we can sort something out.

To tell you the truth I didn't know there was such thing as a qualified Ableton Instrustor. Where can you get one of those?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭alan kelly

As far as i know he got in contact with ableton,, They discussed what he was doing ie both dj'ing and giving tution in ableton. The registered him as an instructor and sent him ableton 8 free in the post.. Getting anything free in the post these days deserves a pat on the back:D.. What other courses do u guys run?

From Ableton :)
    studiorat wrote: »
    To tell you the truth I didn't know there was such thing as a qualified Ableton Instrustor. Where can you get one of those?

Advertisement