Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rampage Retires

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,987 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

That sucks. He's one of the most entertaining fighters there is. Will make the current season of TUF a little less interesting too as all the smack talk will come to nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

Devastated!!!

If this is true (and not a publicity stunt, like I suspect it could be) then Dana may get checked on being more diplomatic in his public comments about his fighters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Such an annoying situation on both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kelator

I’ve been getting negative reviews from the dumb ass fans that don’t pay my bills or put my kids though college. So I’m hanging it up.”

Were does he think his ufc money comes from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

He probably will come around given some time, but I wouldn't begrudge him retiring. He doesn't owe anything to anyone

kelator wrote: »
    Were does he think his ufc money comes from.

Think he just means that the fans who been hassling him bout the movies dont understand how he has to support his family. Fair enough if he feels he needs to get into acting to better this put I'd say his pay check would have been at least $80,000-$100,000 plus win bonus, plus then for a shot at machida that paycheck would be a lot more especially if he won the belt.

Suppose he has his reasons tho

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Rampage and more then likely Mirko in 1 week.God dammit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

wandy wrote: »
    I'd say his pay check would have been at least $80,000-$100,000 plus win bonus

Maybe multiply that by ten?

Fozzy wrote: »
    Maybe multiply that by ten?

I was thinking that but wasnt sure cos i got the figures from UFN last week still rumbling bout my head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

This is the same guy who went on a mad one last year and ended up in jail because of energy drinks! He's just pissed off. He'll go do his film, calm down, and come back. I'm sure of it. I like the way Dana speaks his mind but sometimes he doesn't know when to let it lie. hopefully they both keep their opinions to themselves and sort it out in the new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

GSPfan wrote: »
    He's just pissed off. He'll go do his film, calm down, and come back. I'm sure of it. I like the way Dana speaks his mind

Have you read Rampage's announcement from his blog?

1 - it seems a bit more than "He's just pissed off"

2 - I think it pretty disgusting to be making fun of the fella for doing A-Team after hearing his reasons

I absolutely love the way people quote you and cut your sentence in half so that it sounds like you said something else.

"I like the way Dana speaks his mind but sometimes he doesn't know when to let it lie. hopefully they both keep their opinions to themselves and sort it out in the new year."

Thats the sentence in full. Some people should be banned from using the quote button. Its the favourite tool of MORONS.

I absolutely love the way people quote you and cut your sentence in half so that it sounds like you said something else.

"I like the way Dana speaks his mind but sometimes he doesn't know when to let it lie. hopefully they both keep their opinions to themselves and sort it out in the new year."

Thats the sentence in full. Some people should be banned from using the quote button. Its the favourite tool of MORONS.

wind yer neck in and wise up to yourself!

The reason I EDITED your sentence because the rest of it was not relevant to the question and point I was making.

now now, don't start crying chucking your dummy out the pram again, I've left your precious quote there and not touched it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

From a fans pov, this really sucks. I wana see rampage fight, not act in, some ****ty remake..

Theres a good chance they will get it sorted anyway, expect to see rampage back sometime next year.

Devastator wrote: »
    The reason I EDITED your sentence because the rest of it was not relevant to the question and point I was making.

You quoted me on half a sentence cause you wanted to change the meaning of it to suite your point. Can you see where I'm coming from? You can't quote me incorrectly and then criticise me for the way you presented it. Honestly that quote button is the reason these threads turn into gay little arguements like the one we are having now.

Can we be friends now! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Rampage and more then likely Mirko in 1 week.God dammit :(

My sentiments exactly. God f***ing damn it:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

No need for the hysteria folks, Rampage will fight again!

Personally I think this will get worked out and the almighty $ or common sense will reign supreme in the end ...... at least I hope so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,168 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You quoted me on half a sentence cause you wanted to change the meaning of it to suite your point.

I love the way people get all offended by mis-quotes, when half the time the text is still relevant.

I'm pretty sure the part Devastator was refering to was:
    He's just pissed off

I can't see how he changed the meaning.
    Over-reacting FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Coolhand

I will miss Rampage but I think its a good move for him once he can get more then one film. At the end of the day if you can make money other then fighting it makes sense at his stage. I also dont get all the abuse the flim is getting from Dana. Its the A team for god sake how could anyone not want to see that who grew up in the 80's. Rampage is a great entertainer and id love to see him do well whatever he does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

Rampage will be back. I can understand him doing a movie like the A TEAM, but its not as if he's going to be the next Pacino or De Nero. I'd wish him all the best in his acting career but i can't see him being a lead man in too many blockbusters. When the roles run out, so will the money.Dana White talks **** about everyone that doesn't agree with what he wants , but if Tito can come back and make up with White than ANYONE can

Devastator wrote: »
    wind yer neck in and wise up to yourself!

now now, don't start crying chucking your dummy out the pram again, I've left your precious quote there and not touched it :rolleyes:
    You quoted me on half a sentence cause you wanted to change the meaning of it to suite your point. Can you see where I'm coming from? You can't quote me incorrectly and then criticise me for the way you presented it. Honestly that quote button is the reason these threads turn into gay little arguements like the one we are having now.

Can we be friends now! ;)
    Mellor wrote: »
    I love the way people get all offended by mis-quotes, when half the time the text is still relevant.

I'm pretty sure the part Devastator was refering to was:

I can't see how he changed the meaning.
    Over-reacting FTW

Now now folks. No more of this bull or I'll go crazy on energy drinks and start handing out cards.

You betta recognise!

Actually I think first of all that the A-Team movie will do really well. Retro themes are popular at the moment and the cast has enough drawing power to be a success. Add in that Rampage is the perfect candidate to play Baracus and I believe he will find a niche for himself in movies similar to how Vinny Jones did when he was in Lock Stock and wound up bagging roles in the likes of Gone in 60 Seconds. He won't become a leading man but he may well find himself a new niche in movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Liam Neeson might teach him a few acting moves I believe he is going to be in it too.

Could you see Rampage fighting for another organisation? Not sure what his ufc contract is like.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Liam Neeson might teach him a few acting moves I believe he is going to be in it too.

He is. As well as Bradley Cooper and Jessica Biel. So it's not exactly a small role.
    JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Could you see Rampage fighting for another organisation? Not sure what his ufc contract is like.

I'd bet my house he doesn't unless he goes back to the UFC and fulfills his contract first. He'll fight for UFC or nobody. Couture situation is a prime example of where the "I'll retire to get out of my contract" route gets you.

Mellor/Neil - I've decided to refrain from responding to the earlier comments. No point getting dragged into some childish bickering

I want Jim Carrey as Murdoch! Its rumored to be Shartlo Copley???? :confused:
    edit...... Shartlo Copley is the guy in District 9. He's great in that film.

I hope Rampage doesn't just immitate Mr T. He's incredibly likeable on screen when he's being himself.

He is. As well as Bradley Cooper and Jessica Biel. So it's not exactly a small role.

Whos she playing?
    I want Jim Carrey as Murdoch.

Was thinking last week that hes the only oneable to pull it off properly. Lets hope the casting team review boards.ie for suggestions :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Evans vs. Thiago Silva?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I pity the fool who thinks Rampage is goin to retire :pac:

Advertisement