Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career Guidance Counsellor Galway

Options
  • 23-09-2009 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me.

I'm looking for a Career Guidance Counsellor in the city. Someone that can recommend a career that would be suited to a person and how to achieve that.

It can be anyone in the city or county.

Has anyone any recommendations?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

The VEC have an adult guidance service down in the Sandy Road Centre, if that's the kind of thing you're looking for?

From the VEC website:

City of Galway
    Galway City Adult Learner Guidance Service, Sandy Road Training Centre, Sandy Road
    Galway City Tel: 091 768 596 Email: jill.farrell@cgvec.ie Website:www.cgvec.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭JTC83

Marie Barrett out in Loughrea is brilliant, well worth the trip. She looks at everything about ya to figure out exactly what you're suited to. Can't recommend her highly enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 twinky3

I used Galway Careers Clinic at the Crescent in Galway. Found her really good...she helped me bigtime with my college choices and was pure sound. She identified exactly my strengths and guided me accordingly. She even gave me a few free follow up sessions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 career guidance

I am a qualified registered career guidance counsellor in Galway with 7 years experience and with a masters in emotional intelligence.
    In the process of setting up own business atm. << overt promotion removed>>

In the meantime www.careersportal is an interesting starting point. Best wishes.

User banned for breach of forum charter. But the website they suggest (actually www.careersportal.ie ) may be useful.

/moderation

Advertisement