Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topshop job interview questions...

Options
  • 23-09-2009 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I've got a topshop interview this weekend,
    I'm just wondering if anyone has had a recent interview there?
    I'd like to know what kind of questions they ask just to be prepared before!

Thanks to any replies :)

Ruby x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 davey_j_c

They will more than likely ask you something like,

"What is your idea of customer service?"

Fashion retailers are all about the customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

I don't know about Topshop in particular, but questions high street retailers generally ask are...

- What is your idea of good customer service?
    - Tell me about a time you worked in a team and what was your role.
    - Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer
    - What is your biggest weakness in the workplace?
    - What's your biggest achievement?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭coxy14

Had a friend who had an interview with them bout a year ago. From what i can remember they asked her things like why she wanted to work there and to name 3 trends that are in at the mo. Might also be an idea to come up with some designers that you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

i'd defintly recommend buying the latest issues of ELLE or Vogue and reading up on the trends and stuff.
    I'd recommend these over some of the cheaper magazines which tend to be a few months behind 'fashion' trends, topshop try to be on the latest trends in the fashion world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ruby0x

Thanks for the help! I have the interview tomorrow, so hopefully it will go well! x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Avaya79

I wish they asked customers "tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult shop assistant...."

I find it hard to believe customer service skills is something that is really taken in consideration when hiring retail staff.

In most of my experience, shop assistants couldnt give a damn about their customers. Is it hard to wish a paying customer "thank you have a nice day"??!!

If you get hired, i hope you can prove me wrong.

Monkey61 wrote: »
    I don't know about Topshop in particular, but questions high street retailers generally ask are...

- Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Avaya79

thanks for closing the loop your thread. nice to know what happened, i hope you get the job! (and that you stay friendly with customers)

Just to let you all know, I had the interview this morning and for anyone applying for a topshop job, these are the questions they asked!

Tell us about yourself
    What do you think your roll would be working at topshop?
    How would you help and advise a customer?
    How would you let a customer know your free to help?
    What styles are in at the minute?
    Why would you want to work at topshop?
    What competitors do you think we have in the area?
    Describe yourself in 3 words

These are the ones I can remember
    There were 2 interviewers, first one asked me about myself, then the other asked me set questions, then the other talked through my CV

I get to know on wednesday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Best of luck :)

• Advertisement

thanks for everyones help, they rung me up today and i got the job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭coxy14

congrats!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Michael060

Candidates with impressive academic track record often believe that their resume is enough to grant them that coveted job. However, it should be kept in mind that physical appearance does matter to some extent in a job interview. It is better for candidates to keep in mind that a job interview is a venue for marketing themselves among their interviewers. One should never go on rambling about oneself. Precise answers, positive attitude and calm composure show that the candidate is confident of his/her ability to perform well if selected.

Advertisement