Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

planet to the south of Dublin?

Options
  • 22-09-2009 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

it's been there every night for the last few nights and it's really bright. Which planet is it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

URANUS!:pna i havent noticed anything...what direction is it in?i wana look:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Evil Phil wrote: »
    it's been there every night for the last few nights and it's really bright. Which planet is it?

Jupiter is the planet towards the south recently

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Yeah it was Jupiter alright. Is Mars going to be visible soon? Could see two of them last night.

On a side note: I, according to my wife, "wouldn't know Jupiter from Uranus!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

I came in looking for the answer, But this thread just appeared like is there a world outside the pale..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

maglite wrote: »
    I came in looking for the answer, But this thread just appeared like is there a world outside the pale..

It is standard now - if you haven't already, please realign your mount to the top of the spire; all directions here are specified relative to Dublin :)

Perhaps we should work from a new datum, whatever object zenith of the spire at 12:01am each night??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bouncy100

Mars is about at midnight from mid-November on. Currently its a morning object, in the ese (in Gemini)

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

bouncy100 wrote: »
    Mars is about at midnight from mid-November on. Currently its a morning object, in the ese (in Gemini)

Well it rises at about 00:30 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

efla wrote: »
    It is standard now - if you haven't already, please realign your mount to the top of the spire; all directions here are specified relative to Dublin :)

Perhaps we should work from a new datum, whatever object zenith of the spire at 12:01am each night??

lol @ efla :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

...did someone say 'Jupiter? Take a look here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B49N46I39Y - and fast forward to just after the 3 minute mark for the best piece of music ever created.

Advertisement